Anyone got a Cannondale M500????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
already have one
Yes,and damn you to hell for having it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Seriously though,I should pick one up fairly easily.
I noticed someone on here saying people should get over their obsession with retro MTB's.
If it's quality,it never goes out of fashion.
But you know that of course Biggs,you of all people know the worth of them.
And not in monetry terms either.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes,and damn you to hell for having it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Seriously though,I should pick one up fairly easily.
I noticed someone on here saying people should get over their obsession with retro MTB's.
If it's quality,it never goes out of fashion.
But you know that of course Biggs,you of all people know the worth of them.
And not in monetry terms either.

Retro non suspension MTB make a lot of sense

another local crackindale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondal...193859?hash=item43f4b33443:g:nGoAAOSwi0RX0THk

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Well its been a while ..... ^_^
Need some wider tyres for the winter mud. 2.1 Conti Racekings are superb in summer, but not enough 'bite' in winter. So suggestions please, and does anyone know max tyre width the frame will take? 26 inch. Cheers all :okay:

12boy

Guru
I bought an 85 'Dale in 87 and rode it for many years before I got a Fuji track bike as my primady commuter and kept it for another 5 years as a fixed gear snow bike. Then sold it to a friend who still rides it. A couple of years ago I bought an M400 for my son whose legs were too short so I kept it. It's a 92 and has a level top tube which I couldn't find in any catalogs for that period. With studded snows i it's pretty slow and heavy so I call it Piglet but it's very comfortable. Neither show any signs of frame failure. Seem very stout to me.

Years ago I used to go to the local recycling centre a lot. While I was there I would always make a point of looking in the metals skips for old bikes. One day I went there, but left ten minutes later than I planned because I had a cup of coffee. As I got there a man was pulling an M500 out of the skip with full XTR group set.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Years ago I used to go to the local recycling centre a lot. While I was there I would always make a point of looking in the metals skips for old bikes. One day I went there, but left ten minutes later than I planned because I had a cup of coffee. As I got there a man was pulling an M500 out of the skip with full XTR group set.
Wow! If I see a 20inch frame M500 anywhere it's mine, will put front Sus on it for really rough stuff. They used to do a head shock type system I think, but I couldn't afford it at the time. Flying Ball Cycles in Kowloon, where I bought mine in 1995, is still going and still sells Cannondale MTB's, they opened in the 1940's!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well I still look at older mtbs for sale and use them, the value is creeping up slowly^_^

It's amazing what pops up loads of Brands never heard of in the Uk seem to end up over here .

One day i will build one with a set of drops just need to find the right one

Last edited:
Top Bottom