Anyone got any views on Ribble CR3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
If you try your LBS, they have something called 'stock' - which means you can buy a bike and walk out the door with it the same day.. ;)
You won't have read my saga but I did buy from an LBS who assured me the model I wanted took mudguards (Giant with own brand mudguards) but then after I had paid called to say they could;t fit them well enough so refunded me. If you can point me to anyone who has a decent light road bike that takes proper full length mudguards (not race blades), has Shimano kit, hydro brakes and QR on the back wheel, I will bite their hand off

I also emailed Sigma (after speaking to them) and got no reply 2 weeks later

So show me this mythical LBS and I will get straight round there with fifteen hundred notes

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
or be a skinflint so you can get patronised by (in this case) Germans and/or northerners....
blimey this is getting unpleasant. I am spending £1500 with a huge bike shop who (in theory) can provide me with what my LBS(s) cannot. Not sure that warrants being called a skinflint

Citius

lighthearted banter - calm down. I'm sure you're not a skinflint, but I was making a point with the other guy I quoted ;)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Or you can buy all the parts you require and build it yourself and therefore not relying on stock issues or shite customer service......win win in my eyes

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I will genuinely be delighted to consider someone who has one in stock that meets my needs (admittedly quite particular)
I am still loving my Ultegra GT Grade and I would wager it is a better ride on the road than a CX bike open mould frame. :-) The 105 Grade almost meets all your criteria bar the £1500. Although I got my Grade through an LBS and swapped the tyres and got them to do the tubeless bit, had the full mudguards fitted and paid just shy of £2400 it has an RRP of £2699. Tyres RRP £100 mudguards £39 plus fitting. I was happy and did the deal in two days. I ummed and arred for bloody ages trying to find a winter bike that met my needs. I have a funny feeling for commuting I will use the Grade all year. Which If I am honest was never the plan.

You won't have read my saga but I did buy from an LBS who assured me the model I wanted took mudguards (Giant with own brand mudguards) but then after I had paid called to say they could;t fit them well enough so refunded me. If you can point me to anyone who has a decent light road bike that takes proper full length mudguards (not race blades), has Shimano kit, hydro brakes and QR on the back wheel, I will bite their hand off

I also emailed Sigma (after speaking to them) and got no reply 2 weeks later

So show me this mythical LBS and I will get straight round there with fifteen hundred notes
Giant Defy Advanced 2 fit the bill? Spyres, not Hydro's

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I am still loving my Ultegra GT Grade and I would wager it is a better ride on the road than a CX bike open mould frame. :-) The 105 Grade almost meets all your criteria bar the £1500. Although I got my Grade through an LBS and swapped the tyres and got them to do the tubeless bit, had the full mudguards fitted and paid just shy of £2400 it has an RRP of £2699. Tyres RRP £100 mudguards £39 plus fitting. I was happy and did the deal in two days. I ummed and arred for bloody ages trying to find a winter bike that met my needs. I have a funny feeling for commuting I will use the Grade all year. Which If I am honest was never the plan.
Doubt it rides bettter than my custom Ti though ;)

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Doubt it rides bettter than my custom Ti though ;)
Honestly grab a ride, my best bike is an Supersix Evo Red 3.5k bike and not a lot in it. I have had to slam it and change the angle on the stem to get decent position. But genuinely thought it would be make do bike that I would tolerate though the winter for the discs and mudguards but I have been pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom