Anyone got any views on Ribble CR3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
and Santa has promised some blue bottle cages and blue bar end plugs. And a blue Garmin mount.....

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Blue tape was an option but the blue the offered wasn't to my taste. Will go for some Lizard Skins when it needs replacing. My favourite tape
g?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnpb67jGj8JjDNquxPntYzLklKeA6aBIbX96UYG_Dao5aQQiZPZvBnsNNRexzNmBW-yB3XpB8&usqp=CAE.jpg

Don't want to worry you, but sounds like you're going to find out about Ribbles idea of customer service.

I Suspect you will long for the days of being ignored and fobbed off in an efficient Teutonic manner, rather than being ignored and fobbed off by a bunch of surly Lancastrians.....
I've bought 2 bikes from them ('blue winter' bike, & a Gran-Fondo), & haven't had any issues, even with returning items (eg; exchange saddle)
I remember the days when they had the big showroom on Watery Lane in Preston, & visiting that, not sure how many years since it closed though?

Alright Jay. Hope it does arrive Friday, ive just ordered Ribble Sportive 365 today. Let us know what you think of your new bike
I'm still thinking about replacing the 'blue winter' with one of those, I've seen a couple, & they look great

Please let me know what you think when it arrives

(well, either that, or maybe a CR3, when I actually see one, to have a good look at)

OK IT IS HERE!
1877_10207815310717554_2157871925569353694_n.jpg

I like it!!, although, if they're partly promoting it as a winter bike/commuter, they'd sell it in a brighter colour (orange/yellow/red?)

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Ok so had it 4 mths and been an excellent purchase. Not mega light but ideal for the winter. Mudguards fit perfectly and rattle free. Have done about 1000km so far and runs well. Comfortable. Nice position for me. Brake excellent, although back one a little squeaky under pressure - certainly can recommend hydro disks for winter rides. 105 groupset very smooth

Only changes were to remove the Conti Ultra Sports as they punctured far to easily, Now on Conti 4 seasons and no problems. Also replaced saddle with Charge Spoon and stuck on blue bottle cages, bar end plugs and Garmin mount.

All in all, very happy

chippwilts

Regular
Ive had a CR3 now for about 18 months, have also got a blue Audax/Winter trainer and more recently the R872.
The CR3 is a great bike, I bought it as a special offer winter bike with 105 and cable operated Avid 7's, Pro light wheels with conti ultra sports and full Deda finishing kit. I have done about 1700 miles on it with no issues at all. 2 other friends within the cycling club i am in have also bought the same bike, all 3 are ever so slightly different which is actually a bonus.
To date the only thing I have changed is to fit Shwalbe Marathon plus 28's which although heavy allow me to ride anywhere including canal tow paths and cycle ways. As has been mentioned it isnt the lightest of bikes but with a compact 50/34 up front and 11-32 at the rear its good for just about everything.
Highly recommend this bike but it is on the aggresive side of comfortable with regards frame dimensions having a lower front end than my Giant Defy 1. Do get a stem slightly shorter than you might normally can help a touch. You do need to know a little about bikes and sizing if you are buying a ribble with so many options. I have 3 as mentioned and all are completley different frame sizes and stem lengths etc to end up with a very similar outcome.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Ive had a CR3 now for about 18 months, have also got a blue Audax/Winter trainer and more recently the R872.
The CR3 is a great bike, I bought it as a special offer winter bike with 105 and cable operated Avid 7's, Pro light wheels with conti ultra sports and full Deda finishing kit. I have done about 1700 miles on it with no issues at all. 2 other friends within the cycling club i am in have also bought the same bike, all 3 are ever so slightly different which is actually a bonus.
To date the only thing I have changed is to fit Shwalbe Marathon plus 28's which although heavy allow me to ride anywhere including canal tow paths and cycle ways. As has been mentioned it isnt the lightest of bikes but with a compact 50/34 up front and 11-32 at the rear its good for just about everything.
Highly recommend this bike but it is on the aggresive side of comfortable with regards frame dimensions having a lower front end than my Giant Defy 1. Do get a stem slightly shorter than you might normally can help a touch. You do need to know a little about bikes and sizing if you are buying a ribble with so many options. I have 3 as mentioned and all are completley different frame sizes and stem lengths etc to end up with a very similar outcome.
Update on my earlier reviews. Mine is hydro disks and 105. Only problem has been the rubbish press fit BB which I replaced with a Wheels MFG one that screws together, and after about 6 mths the rear brake lost all its fluid (in Exmoor). New pads and and fluid seemed to solve it. I have had GP 4 Seasons on in a 25mm and very happy. Off touring in France for 3 days tomorrow. Has been an excellent winter bike

Top Bottom