Anyone had this bug yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

No, it's not hilarious, but I don't s'pose Aussies do irony like the Brits.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Norovirus? Just eat plain mashed potato, plain boiled rice, hardboiled eggs, for a day or two. No meat, no fruit, no veg, no dairy at all, not even butter. Drink flat full-fat Coca Cola. This was the advice from my GP.

The district nurse who comes to give me my post op' anti blood clot jab suggested cola. She said something about it stripping muck off coins so it should kill stomach and intestinal bugs.

The district nurse who comes to give me my post op' anti blood clot jab suggested cola. She said something about it stripping muck off coins so it should kill stomach and intestinal bugs.

Do you swallow coins as well, then! No wonder you feel rough :wacko::headshake:

Stop doing it for a change! ;)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Your gastric acids are typically way stronger than anything found in coke. She's talking rollocks. Coke would only be good to give you a short term energy boost because of the sugar and caffeine. A cup of sweetened coffee will do the same.

Sandra6

Veteran
We've had the "winter sick bug" a couple of times over the past few years. It totally wiped the youngest two out one xmas.
Flat coke is actually good at settling the stomach, don't think it has anything to do with it killing off germs though. It works for me, so I don't care what it does to a 2p coin.
As for milk in the soup - you should avoid dairy as that can actually "feed" the bacteria causing the sickness.
Plain foods are the way to go, little and often, plenty of liquids - not advocaat!!! - and feel better soon

Top Bottom