Anyone had this happen???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wasn't there a case on here recently where sombody on a club ride got a smack on the arris and insisted that the police took action?

matthat

Über Member
I've had ciggy butts flicked out of passenger windows several times and also whats makes me jump and nearly come off is yobs jeering out of car windows when you've got your head down peddling away getting on with it.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Morons threw eggs at us several weeks on the trot on a weekly Wednesday evening post-work ride. Being hit by an egg thrown from a car doing 30 or 40 mph really hurts, and if one got you in the face it could easily blind you. In the end, we changed our route to avoid them.
I had an egg thrown at me from a car while walking up the road to the pub once, and agree, it really hurts. If the no-mark in the car had cared to stop I might well have lost my liberty for what I might have done. All I've had whilst cycling is some lame brain at lights one time taking the mickey out of my helmet, and the odd tosser shouting from a van, some people have tiny minds but some are downright dangerous.

D

Deleted member 1258

I was punched in the back by a car passenger in 2008, I got the number and reported it, the car had no registered keeper and it was about six months before they traced the driver, the driver denied all knowledge and nothing happened about it. I started a thread about it on here at the time, One Trip both Sides of the Coin.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I have a light permanently fixed on my cycling helmet, used to be a big smart lunar one bang on top. I saw a teenage kid point at me, say something and swing his arm back ready to throw the can in his hand as I drew nearer, when his mate grabbed his arm and said 'f**k it, he's got one of those cameras on his head, you'll get done. It seemed to be their regular sport.

I smiled and nodded at them as I went by, then dropped into the local police portakabin and mantioned it with descriptions for the record.

That's not what the sex offenders register is for. You can't water down something like the sex offenders register to make it trivial!
You think someone grabbing someone else's arse is trivial?

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Not on a bike no, but while riding a horse and also leading a youngster on her pony. A tuna brained idiot, leaned out of the passenger window of a car full of young males and slapped my bum. The pain was excruciating! I could only hope the little dear suffered more pain than I did and broke his arm/wrist and shoulder in the process.

Tim Hall

No but I don't think it's worth going on the sex offenders list for.
In which case the slapper shouldn't do it. I vaguely recall someone on YACF had a similar incident and pursued it with the police as sexual assault. Trouble is I can't find the details to tell you what the outcome was.

Top Bottom