Anyone had this happen???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/barrow-cyc...-in-assaults-1.1050086?referrerPath=/1.118665
It amazes me what some people class as funny or think is a good idea!!! :angry::eek:

Yep, a few on here have reported similar. If you want the best, do a search for Noodley's slapped with a fish thread. Yes, it really happened.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Morons threw eggs at us several weeks on the trot on a weekly Wednesday evening post-work ride. Being hit by an egg thrown from a car doing 30 or 40 mph really hurts, and if one got you in the face it could easily blind you. In the end, we changed our route to avoid them.

tadpole

I've only had one attack like that, where the passenger use a catapult to fire sweets at me, one hit my side, and left a bruise for weeks the other hit my rucksack, I chased the car for a few hundred metres before they got lucky and a car blocked my path, preventing me from catching them as they were held up by a set of traffic lights. I've have inserted that catapult some where dark.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Yes.

A few years ago I was punched in the small of my back by a car passenger, almost making me lose control of the bike. I clocked the number and reported it to the police. The next evening the police paid me a visit and did the old sucking air through teeth thing when I conceded I didn't have a witness.

I suggested that they could speak to the registered keeper and require him to identify the driver. Chances were that the youngsters involved would have been out in mummy's or daddy's car and the sight of police arriving to ask questions would have the kid shop his passenger and there you'd have enough to take some action.

They exchanged a look somewhere between bewilderment and annoyance and one of them asked me how many were in the car. "Three, I think."
"Ah, well, we'll go and find the driver but be warned that we may come back and charge you with some offence."
His reasoning was that since there was more of 'them' in the car than there was of me (with no witnesses), he'd be bound to act on any allegations they might make, no matter how ridiculous.

Clearly he was only trying to weasle out of doing any legwork so I called his bluff and said go ahead.
It panned out exactly as I'd expected and the young boy burst as soon as his dad asked him to explain himself to the police, naming the lad who'd assaulted me.

GC

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Several times, including on a FNRttC! The element of sexual assault actually pisses me off slightly less than the fact that the car needs to get far too f**king close in order to do it.

Top Bottom