Anyone have an unused musical instrument at home?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Nope.

I did start having piano lessons about 30 years ago. I got on quite well for 3 weeks, and then work pressure went crazy. I was doing 10 or 11 hour days and often working at weekends too so I didn't have the time and the energy to practice. I suspended the lessons, intending to start again when work settled down. Unfortunately, work was demanding for years after that so I never got round to it.

I read in the local paper that the piano teacher died of cancer a few years after I'd met her. Very sad - she was a talented musician, a nice woman and wasn't very old.

I need to stop making excuses and get on with it!

If I ever get to the point where I can play something without feeling embarrassed about it, I'll stick a video of me playing up on YouTube and you will know that threads like this helped nudge me into learning!
I really understand - I've wasted years not having lessons/getting down to it etc.

Well, I'm off to singing class this morning. First classical singing lesson I've had for about 25 years. A bit terrifying and very exciting. Perhaps I should report back!

Archeress

Veteran
The cheap ones never stay in tune - the posh ones are lovely. Mine is not rubbish, but not posh, good for the strumming I give it from time to time!
Mine certainly turns heads at the ukulele jam i go to. With the zebra wood and satin finish its very different to all the other ukes.

Hugs
Archeress x

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Apart from Sullivan, and the various visiting Germans who make a 1/3rd of the list, not many household names there. Arne was a bit of a one-hit-wonder wasn't he

Only if you ignore the rest of the oratorio from which the hit comes. If you're a church musician, more of the names are household than others might think - 19th century English music still makes up the backbone of the cathedral tradition.

We can be a bit hard on ourselves when it comes to Georgian and Victorian music. There are few greats, but it's certainly not the case that Britain was Das Land Ohne Musik.

Top Bottom