Anyone hear about Millars chain going bang :?:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
nope. I'm a machine

Keith Oates

Janner
IMO no athelete, cycling or any other, can succeed at the top level without having passion and a strong determination. See the passion on Cavendish's face when he won a stage, that was the other side of passion. Rather than oppose Millar we should support him and be happy he is British. Australia is a fairly small nation (population wise) and yet is very high in many sports and one of the reasons for that is the support the atheletes get fom the general public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

As much as I don't applaud nationalism (see earlier post) i feel it worng Dan' pulled Millar to task.

He was on the edge of success or failure sadly the latter got him BUT one can only be excused for actions so practiced by Millar himself for success was just up the road by a mere 'km.

yello

For me, it's not a matter of nationalism. I mean, what is Millar anyway - Scottish? Maltese? I don't know...

Whatever nationality he is, I can understand his reaction. As our ironically named Steve Austin said, Millar is not a robot. He gets pissed off and shows it. I have no problem with that. I liked John McEnroe similarly, as embarrassing as the tantrums were sometimes! Sportsmen/women don't ask to be role models for a nations youth so I think we can cut them slack for being human and showing their passion sometimes.

Top rider, damn good writer and an intelligent, articulate and amusing bloke.
Bastard! ;)

yello

DanRVV2006 said:
If he was that intelligent, what made him think he could take drugs and get away with it???

My word, you have a downer on Millar don't you! Tell me, what did you think of his blog? Did you read it? Did you enjoy it? Or wouldn't you let yourself ;)

Top Bottom