Anyone hear about Millars chain going bang :?:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Do we know for sure it was Shimano?

It looked like a sram to me

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Steve I took it as Shimano as per the team pix - they ride Shimano: Well It looks that way to me !

2486468621_76c760584e.jpg

Aint Skeered

Without getting into the campag/shimano debate.
Its been interesting to note recently that 3 riders on different occassions in recent club runs have suffered gear problems, and they all had campag.
I am saying no more :evil:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It was a real shame, he was well placed to get a chance of the stage. He only just managed to stay on the bike. Then he threw the bike over a wall he was so angry.

DanRVV2006

I think he deserved not to win tbh, after you have done drugs y should he???
And what a poor attitude by throwing his bike not to the floor as i would expect and can see why, but instead over a barrier where spectators stand and he thinks its funny "I don't see red. But I think it's quite funny I did that. I've yet to see the footage…" as quoted from cyclingnews.com!
I dont find it funny at all its a poor example and proves what a tool he is!

mondobongo

Über Member
You are in with a serious chance of a stage win in a grand tour and you have a mechanical, you would just stand there would you Dan going oh well nevermind!!!

I would have bounced the bike as well, its a human reaction Millar was not out of order imo. As for the drugs let it lie he made a mistake put his hands up gave trophies back and asked himself for records to be removed. A lot more than some did or would do.

DanRVV2006

im not saying i would just stand there and go o well never mind! i probs would throw the bike to the ground or kick the barrier and vent my anger some how but throwing your bike over the barrier is too far! What if someone was stood there they would get a £6000 bike thrown in their face hmmmmmmm nice!
Thing is he is seen as a role model now he is (clean?) which is a whole different story! so how bout if your son or daughter or when you went to watch a local junior bike race and some kid punctures with 200meters to go he picks his bike up and throws it over the barrier, what would YOU think of him??? I honestly imo cant see you standing there going o he was in with a chance of winning so its k!

Keith Oates

Janner
As far as I can see he didn't hit anyone and the crowd was not that thick from the photo. Don't let your dislike for Millar get in the way of your cool headed judgement, DanRVV2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CotterPin

I wouldn't want to have been in the direction of Millar's bike when he threw it but I certainly wouldn't have minded being somewhere in the vicinity. I mean, all it needs is a new chain. Better than the stuff you find in a skip. :biggrin:

yello

DanRVV2006 said:
or when you went to watch a local junior bike race and some kid punctures with 200meters to go he picks his bike up and throws it over the barrier, what would YOU think of him???

Oh get outta here! You're in danger of sounding like a troll!!

There is a HUGE difference between a petulant youth and a pro who has probably ear marked a specific stage of the 2nd biggest GT in the world! DM had played a canny game, he'd worked clever and hard, was in the right place and obviously in top form. It was there for him and he was the equal of anyone there. The stage was his... THEN his bike let him down!!

Man, I'd have kicked 7 lumps out of Mother Teresa (god rest her soul) were I him! I think it safe to say the bike would not have gone over the barrier had anyone been stood there, the fact is... there wasn't.

Just admit it... you don't like Millar :biggrin:

Top Bottom