anyone know a good road route to Oxford?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Here is the route for our FNRttS (Friday Night Ride to the Smoke), just run it in reverse!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4377701

Certainly a nice ride in the dark ... going the other way!

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
thanks Fab, that's a distant memory, think i met you at the station on one of those.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
thanks Fab, that's a distant memory, think i met you at the station on one of those.

Yeah, I think we did! You'll have to do another sometime :biggrin:
There's supposed to be good cycling via Marlow too, but I can't comment as I've never been round that way.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A reasonably logical route from some parts of London would be via Chorleywood, Amersham, Missenden, NCN route to Princes Risborough, Phoenix Trail to Thame (mostly adequate surface, but the connection from Risborough is still rough), then head towards the London Road roundabout via Stanton St John.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
This is the Route I took on my ride to Oxford earlier this year. O.k it starts and ends in Hemel rather than London but you could pick up the route around Great Missenden.

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Ah yes, thanks SRW and Jay a nice couple of options there

Becs and Martin, i'm just mouseketeering the way at the moment ( haven't got a clue)

so no plans to lead a ride out that way yet

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ah yes, thanks SRW and Jay a nice couple of options there

Becs and Martin, i'm just mouseketeering the way at the moment ( haven't got a clue)

so no plans to lead a ride out that way yet

I'm happy with mouseketeering if you want company but happy to let you mouseketeer on your own if you prefer!!

I'm happy with mouseketeering if you want company but happy to let you mouseketeer on your own if you prefer!!

Which, roughly translated means; "if you want to put your head down, race there and race back after eat and drink then I'm your man. If, however, you want to let nice buildings and characterful artisanship of the locale play a part then...yer on yer own pal!" :biggrin:

BigMart - the Nikolaus Pevsner of Shooters Hill and GPS.

Mouseketeering is a dying art. It was pleasing to read User10571's Whitstable jaunt notes as that could have been teetering on the edge of 'unknown discovery'. Come back Sig, come back ChrisKH and iLB - all is forgiven. (User is still around although he only did one way on that memorable Manningtree day...bursting his shorts with either effort or fear on the A12 :rolleyes:)

martint235

Dog on a bike
Which, roughly translated means; "if you want to put your head down, race there and race back after eat and drink then I'm your man. If, however, you want to let nice buildings and characterful artisanship of the locale play a part then...yer on yer own pal!" :biggrin:

BigMart - the Nikolaus Pevsner of Shooters Hill and GPS.

Mouseketeering is a dying art. It was pleasing to read User10571's Whitstable jaunt notes as that could have been teetering on the edge of 'unknown discovery'. Come back Sig, come back ChrisKH and iLB - all is forgiven. (User is still around although he only did one way on that memorable Manningtree day...bursting his shorts with either effort or fear on the A12 :rolleyes:)

I am deeply hurt. I am happy to just meander along, I only put my head down when getting from A to B, particularly where B is home after a ride. :sad:

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
unless there is a planned ride on the bank holiday, either sun/mon is free (weather pending)

I am deeply hurt. I am happy to just meander along, I only put my head down when getting from A to B, particularly where B is home after a ride. :sad:

Nah - you're a good lad really...just need a bit of fine tuning to appreciate the Morris Dancing and pargetting of this fair land...the odd interesting jigger, and so forth... ;)

Cheer up youse miserable git and you'll be Dicky Mint quicker than you can say Garmin! :smile:

Top Bottom