Anyone know much about the Viking Range of bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pumakel

Hey Guys im new here ,been eyeing the forum for a while and finally decided to join.

My dream bike would be a Pashley Poppy,but at £450 a piece that certainly isn't cheap.However its worth every penny,but to buy it i just wouldnt be able to be at peace as i would be worried when i leave it that it might get stolen or vandalized.I though about getting insurance ,but then i was just like why not just get a cheaper bike and perhaps work on customising that.

So ive been looking into getting Viking Prelude 2011.The ladies one please see link :

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/40149/Viking_Prelude_Womens_Bike_2011

It's got that traditional look that i adore.I was wondering if anyone has heard about this range of bikes ive been looking for a review.

I guess if the seat isn't comfortable i can just get a brook or is it brooke sprung saddle (which i tried out on a pashley the other day and its so comfy).

Then i wanted to get some cream tyres,but the above bike has 700 x 38 size tyres and the Schwable tyres come in 700 x 35 is that going to be a problem?

And maybe one day i could spray paint it ..or maybe leave it black.

Thank you guys in advance.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
They used to be one of many British cycle companies, but like most British companies they are just a name on Far East frames now. Nothing wrong with the bikes, they are better than the Supermarket and Argos stuff. They occupy the budget end of the market, but should be fully functional whilst not at the cutting edge of tech.

Halfords have this retro machine Retro Ladies Bike

OP
OP
P

pumakel

They used to be one of many British cycle companies, but like most British companies they are just a name on Far East frames now. Nothing wrong with the bikes, they are better than the Supermarket and Argos stuff. They occupy the budget end of the market, but should be fully functional whilst not at the cutting edge of tech.

Halfords have this retro machine Retro Ladies Bike

That halfords one she's a beauty thank you i love the colour and the brown seat and its sprung as well..19 inch just my size..lol looks so good im scared it might get nicked..paranoia kicking in hey...its beautiful thank you again x

albion

Guru
I would never buy an internet bike unless I knew the weight of it.Viking seems quite the vogue of the moment so no doubt internet shops are getting massive discounts.

OP
OP
P

pumakel

Daughter has got this, http://www.jejamescy...ke-id57720.html loves it, heavy though but it's what she wanted, stuck a basket on it. She's done a few hundred miles on it, including some bridleways etc.
Ahhh yes i know of this one ,Probike another one of "those" brands..quite similar to the Viking range..cheap and gets you from A to B..but not high tech as someone has already said...has your daugher experienced any problems?

Ohh yes as for the lovely Halfords Classic bike i was thinking for that price i can just get a Dawes Duchess ..which aslo comes with a basket and has great reviews and is quite a know brand..hmm the possibilities are endless

Top Bottom