Anyone NOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Hardly anyone at all round here is bothering tonight....

But then it's raining so hard that I'd be surprised if you could light a firework with anything short of a gallon of napalm.

postman

Legendary Member
A little earlier i was looking out of the loft window.The smell of bonfire night is just so special .It brings back memories of being a kid.
Each garden had it's own fire.Some were lit later than others and we lived in a u shaped street.So we used to go to each others.Fireworks seemed to last longer.My faves were Brocks who were bought out by Standard.
Looking out of the window i have not seen one actual bonfire only the fireworks.How times have changed.
My eldest has played on the computer and is not bothered and the youngest has been to the Roundhay Park display.
She has also been part of a group of people giving away donuts (Sainsbury's) for free.
2,000 mixed selection and once again they have been very poular.

darkstar

Haha bit of a ridiculous statement there, fireworks contribute very little to climate change in the grand scheme of things.
I love them, although were setting some off tomorrow for a mates birthday :laugh:

lazyfatgit

No fireworks or bonfires around here last night. Don't think they ever have fireworks or bonfires, due to the risk of starting a fire in the bush.

Can't say I feel I'm missing out. Unfortunately too many fireworks get misused and there are a good number of inconsiderate twits have them going off at all hours.

My daughter is too young to be out watching the fireworks as the main display starts in 10 minutes and she is not yet 4.
I have missed the fireworks every year since she was born so far, maybe next year eh.

U

User482

Bah, humbug!

(I'm going to a bonfire party on Saturday)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Just spent £40 on a single fuse big box of wonderment that you light and leg it! 81 different fireworks in a box... didnt even last 81 seconds!!!!

Going to find some industrial size Mo Fo's tomorrow the inner child (plus my kids) need more!! not being out done by my neighbours!

Coco

'fraid its COD4 grudge match night. Too important to miss for fireworks.

Coco

Yellow Fang said:
Guy Fawkes night is the only uniquely English (alright English and Welsh) festivity I can think of.

Nothing to with us either. What are fireworks?

longers

Legendary Member
We had a drive by fireworks show last night about 1 am. A heavily revving car piled up my dead end street, a few giggling idiots revellers got out, let off a load of fireworks which went off right outside my window and then shot off with a load of wheelspinning.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's a small firework factory right behind my office so we get them testing fireworks all year round. Great, eh?

Do you remember the racket when all the idiots let off fireworks a year early at midnight at the end of 1999?

Top Bottom