Anyone NOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
When I was a student (very young and very stupid), I spend £10 on one, single firework one year ... it was the size of a large paint tin and it was called "Nuclear Blast" (I had to buy it with a name like that!).

On the side it said, "This firework must be ignited no closer than 400m from spectators.".

We got drunk and put it in a bucket of sand in the back garden.

We ignited it and stood back ...

... it launched a single, small, dim white glowing spark that went about 50ft into the air ...

... it hovered there for a few seconds ...

... then it detonated with the kind of explosion that pushes your eyeballs out through the back of your head.

I couldn't hear anything for about 20 minutes afterwards ...

Of course I would not do something like that nowadays, but when one is 18 years old and drunk ... anything is possible!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Headgardener said:
We didn't have any fireworks either although plenty going off around us. Now waiting for the two-thirty AM wakeup call to say "I think it's safe to go out side for a wee now" from the dog, which usualy involves a wet nose in my ear:smile:.

Sure it's his nose? :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
My eldest son was born December 1999 and my wife had not long got back from hospital, on New year's Eve. I vividly recall sitting on the end of our bed with a vista of the Thames Estuary, Shell Haven (well known to FNrttc'ers), local golf course, North Sea and Kent in the distance out of our bedroom window (which was built extemely long as the views were brill) as everyone welcomed in 2000. And I was feeding the baby. It was magical. Definitely a good way not to have any fireworks.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
longers said:
Really enjoyed my ride home in the dark with the smell of smoke and the fireworks going off left, right and centre. If it was better weather there's a good hill nearby I'd be going up after tea to have a sken at the view - might go up on Saturday night if I'm sober enough.

Not keen on massive mortar bomb type ones being set off in my back alley and round about but as long as they don't go on too late then it's no biggie.

You get a really REALLY good panorama across manchester from Hartshead pike.

XmisterIS said:
When I was a student (very young and very stupid), I spend £10 on one, single firework one year ... it was the size of a large paint tin and it was called "Nuclear Blast" (I had to buy it with a name like that!).

On the side it said, "This firework must be ignited no closer than 400m from spectators.".

We got drunk and put it in a bucket of sand in the back garden.

We ignited it and stood back ...

... it launched a single, small, dim white glowing spark that went about 50ft into the air ...

... it hovered there for a few seconds ...

... then it detonated with the kind of explosion that pushes your eyeballs out through the back of your head.

I couldn't hear anything for about 20 minutes afterwards ...

Of course I would not do something like that nowadays, but when one is 18 years old and drunk ... anything is possible!

Sounds great. When I was a student, we got about six weeks' worth of household rubbish in a shopping trolley in the back garden, poured a good litre or so of petrol over it and set it alight. It burned like a huge roman candle for 20 minutes or so. :laugh:

Top Bottom