Anyone NOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Partaking in creating lots of smoke/killing the planet a bit extra/making lots of noise....

:laugh:

FOR THE THICK & STUPID I'M REFERRING TO FIREWORKS NIGHT

Currently Active Users: 260 (104 members and 156 guests)

Plax

Guru
I'm not. I'm a grumpy so and so and hate Fireworks too. It's an excuse for the minority to partake in yet more anti-social behaviour several months either side of November 5th and tie a rocket to Mrs so and so from down the roads cat at 3am.
I'm going to eat my tea and then go to the pub to meet the CTC crowd.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
nope, but neighbour over the back had some awesome fireworks, some of the best I have seen in many a year

longers

Legendary Member
Really enjoyed my ride home in the dark with the smell of smoke and the fireworks going off left, right and centre. If it was better weather there's a good hill nearby I'd be going up after tea to have a sken at the view - might go up on Saturday night if I'm sober enough.

Not keen on massive mortar bomb type ones being set off in my back alley and round about but as long as they don't go on too late then it's no biggie.

longers

Legendary Member
Before they did something with the patch of land they used, my dad used to build a big bonfire from all the timber and such like he collected over the year and you can see right over Morecambe Bay across to Grange and beyond and in the other direction down over Morecambe to Heysham and most of the way to Lancaster.

Chuffing brilliant up there round the fire, no need for any fireworks of your own as you got to enjoy everybody elses money going up in smoke :laugh:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
When I become Prime Minister, I will ban all fireworks and lock up for life all who partake in such nonsense. Furthermore, I will seize their homes and bikes and re-allocate them to those whose sensibilities extend beyond the fleeting gratification offered by such fripparies as fireworks. (i.e. me).

This will be the law....oh yea.

colly

Re member eR
Nah at home minding the dog. (who frankly couldn't give a shoot about the whizzes and bangs)

gbb

Legendary Member
Nope, we're not.
Rode home this evening through the clouds of smoke, rockets and bangs...and felt quite a miserable git for not bothering :biggrin:
I love it all the same.

Reminds me of the best display i ever ever saw...coming into Gatwick from Cyprus on the 5th a few years ago. Passed over Europe, nothing of course, over the channel, nothing...the moment we came over old blighty, it was like a carpet of starbursts under the aircraft all the way to the airport, mile after mile after mile of fireworks :laugh:
Bloody brilliant to watch from a different perspective.

gbb

Legendary Member
Gerry Attrick said:
When I become Prime Minister, I will ban all fireworks and lock up for life all who partake in such nonsense. Furthermore, I will seize their homes and bikes and re-allocate them to those whose sensibilities extend beyond the fleeting gratification offered by such fripparies as fireworks. (i.e. me).

This will be the law....oh yea.
[cough] miserable git :laugh::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom