Anyone on here a Train Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Other than 172TrainDriver (who appears to be on holiday at the moment) anyone on here a train driver? Doesn't matter if it is locos or passenger, just as long as it isn't LUL, Glasgow Subway, trams or similar.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hornby Dublo here :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Thanks, Paul.
To the left of the driver, normally, there is a clipboard location for him to pin his notes for the day / shift.

Is there a regulation or Code of Practice (Rule Book, Professional Driving Guide, etc) that defines what goes on here (what information) and how it is used? For example during driving, or only when stationary.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Thanks, Paul.
To the left of the driver, normally, there is a clipboard location for him to pin his notes for the day / shift.

Is there a regulation or Code of Practice (Rule Book, Professional Driving Guide, etc) that defines what goes on here (what information) and how it is used? For example during driving, or only when stationary.

I will ask he via email. Might be a day or 2 before I get a reply.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
1. Push lever....
2. Pull lever to stop at station.
3. Push again...
4. Stop when you see red buffers.
5. Open door and get out.
6. Walk to other end of train.
7. Get in.
8. Eat sandwiches.
9. Repeat 1-8 until time to go home....

My uncle [in-law] said when they stopped letting the driver set fire to things and blow whistles it got boring. [Mind you he used to say that he liked things to be repetitive.... days that weren't boring usually meant someone got more than slightly hurt, and then he couldn't sleep for weeks]

[Apologies for being flippant to BrumJim and Paul.... back to being sensible...:thumbsup:]

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Thanks, Paul.

I'd love to know why you want to know!

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks, Paul.

Available online. Newer version due out soon. Found using what you put in brackets.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Available online. Newer version due out soon. Found using what you put in brackets.
Found the Rule Book, but struggled to find anything about this subject specifically, hence asking for help.
Professional question. I would explain, but it might break client confidentiality, and is likely to send you to sleep.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Other than 172TrainDriver (who appears to be on holiday at the moment) anyone on here a train driver? Doesn't matter if it is locos or passenger, just as long as it isn't LUL, Glasgow Subway, trams or similar.

@Paulus is a train driver as well as 172traindriver.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You might find a few London Underground drivers on here when they are not out on theit S-Works bikes or buying a new Rolex. I am sure they are crying into their beer lamenting their dear old RMT leader.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There's a forum called - I think - "Rail UK" which a while back I found to be a fantastic source on the intricacies of a particular ticketing problem that I had. There may someone there who could help you.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You might find a few London Underground drivers on here when they are not out on theit S-Works bikes or buying a new Rolex. I am sure they are crying into their beer lamenting their dear old RMT leader.

Most proper train drivers are in the Asle&f

Top Bottom