Anyone on here own Carradice sql Tour/Slim/Trek

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaix murry

Any one own any of the above, very interested in buying but without seeing one in the flesh would like to know practically what you can get in one.
Being bought for a C2C romp (couple of overnights) but will be used for commuting too.
Cheers

nightoff

I briefly owned a Carradice SQR slim, bought second hand on Ebay. I used it a few times but sold it on. I bought it to carry a laptop and my commuting gear.

In the end I wasn't brave enough to put the laptop in mainly due to me having a carbon seatpost. I read too many horror stories of seat posts snapping due to over tightening the clamp. In the end I bought a new Carradice camper longflap fixed to a bagman. Much happier with this set up.

If you have an alloy seatpost the SQR slim is a good bag. Just be careful with the nuts on the inside. They can damage anything you put inside including your hand.

OP
OP
roubaix murry

roubaix murry

Hi
Thanks for that, interesting point about seat post I hadn't considered that. I am hoping to swop bag between my carbon speccy and the alu commuter so might be a issue. I am not thinking of a laptop though mainly clothes and food.
How are you getting on with the camper, is it much flaff to take off. If so not so handy for commuting

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hi
Thanks for that, interesting point about seat post I hadn't considered that. I am hoping to swop bag between my carbon speccy and the alu commuter so might be a issue. I am not thinking of a laptop though mainly clothes and food.
How are you getting on with the camper, is it much flaff to take off. If so not so handy for commuting

Another SQR Slim owner here. Excellent bit of kit (mind the bolts, as nightoff says!). Dellzeqq of these parts has used an SQR bag on his Colnago (carbon post), I think he put something between the post and the mount block to protect it. Surprisingly capacious, pack light and it would be fine for light touring.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I've had a couple of SQR Tours. Nice bits of kit - perfect for commuting or for stuffing them with extraneous items on longer rides (yes, I do need a jar of honey... ).

Don't worry overly about running them with carbon posts - just use a bit of rubber on the clamps.

Top Bottom