Anyone recommend some modern Jazz?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simon the viking

Is that the Original!!!!! I'll have a listen to that later... monitor at work hasn't got speakers...

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
A few people have mentioned other non Jumpin Jive Joe Jackson tracks one my favourites of his is 'Be my number 2'
off the 'Body and soul' album

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Seeing how many people in this thread like Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive', which is what I thought to be an obscure album by an almost forgotten (not to me just the rest of the world) artist.... I might start an internet campaign (C.C, Facebook, twitter etc....) campaign to get 'You run your mouth (and I'll run my business) to number 1...... (imo the best track on the album)......

I'm sure we have some experts who could give me some advice.... paging @ianrauk .... Music industry guru ..... @Andrew_Culture It expert/social media guru..... and I'm sure @User1314 who just has an interesting taste in music, could bring something to the cause.....

I am only half joking by the way If it made the top 40 it might shake the pop world up a bit

Other than creating a TON of Twitter accounts I'm not sure what I'd do :smile:

OP
OP
simon the viking
Other than creating a TON of Twitter accounts I'm not sure what I'd do :smile:
You understand how social media especially twitter works and it would need to go viral to succeed..... But I'll be honest it was good but silly idea and I definitely probably won't actually do it..... I was just amazed how many people commented how much they loved a 33 year old slightly odd album.....

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ooh, another trouble bass player! I made a living at it for a decade or so, skin so thick on the fingers I could lift bacon out of the frying pan.
I used to tape them up with fabric plaster rolls but still get blood blisters . Ive lost count of the amount of times my finger tips have exploded spraying blood over my bass .
I still have my bass and listened to this a few times today .......
They call it bluegrass, but the boundaries get very blurred.....if you like that Joe Jackson Album, you might well enjoy the very contemporary Imelda May

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwmhMzuBA2Y[/QUOTE]
The bass line is niggling me and I want to slap it out . Its quite simple but at this time of night I don't want to upset next door by getting it wrong a few times before I get it worked out :laugh:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Simon, the compilations I have (that I mentioned earlier in the thread) are;

Louis Jordan - The "V" Discs and More (zircon, bleu 514)
Louis Prima - The Very Best of Louis Prima (Prism Leisure, Platcd 517)

There's a decent selection from both artists, and I reckon you could do worse.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I used to tape them up with fabric plaster rolls but still get blood blisters . Ive lost count of the amount of times my finger tips have exploded spraying blood over my bass .
I still have my bass and listened to this a few times today .......
You'll need new strings to make the bass ring like that! And there goes another £100....worse than bikes.

If you build up to gigging, you just end up with thick skin rather than blisters. But it'd be a problem if I did a gig now.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
You'll need new strings to make the bass ring like that! And there goes another £100....worse than bikes.

If you build up to gigging, you just end up with thick skin rather than blisters. But it'd be a problem if I did a gig now.
I did gigging for many years . My blisters used to creep past the hard skin xx( They started on the finger tips and then creep past the first fold in the finger . That was on the slappin hand though .
I bet you could get that sound out of a box bass , it aint the strings its the way you slap em :becool:
Having said that it does sound very poppy . I had a sound man do that to my amp once :blink:
We fell out very fast :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom