Anyone registered their Mavic wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I only became aware recently that Mavic wheels can be registered for an element of extra warrenty. I don't know anything further.

I have asked Mavic if it's too late to register the wheels of my bike purchased Oct 2015.

Have you registered any, and what does the Mavic "extra care" provide?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I like their wheels and the simplicity of the Mavic freehub but the philosophy is one of planned obsolescence. They discontinue spares after only a few years.

That's a bit unfortunate Globolti, and a shame really as I also like their wheels too. I've heard them described as being "bullet proof".

I got a same day response to my message yesterday. In the email it was explained that wheels can only be registered for "Mavic extra care" from 2016 onwards. Apparently the system does not recognise the serial number of older wheels than this. So, I will be able to register the wheel set of the Triban 540 I got last month.

In my reply to the Mavic representative I asked what the extra care entails. I will report back on here with details of anything worthy of sharing.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My understanding is that it is an extra 3rd year of warranty, on wheel/tyre packages. Serial number and receipt required. I am not sure it works if you bought the wheels with a bike or if it for aftermarket wheels only.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My understanding is that it is an extra 3rd year of warranty, on wheel/tyre packages. Serial number and receipt required. I am not sure it works if you bought the wheels with a bike or if it for aftermarket wheels only.
In the same boat with my new bike. Have registered the wheels anyway and the system recognised the model from the serial number but will only find out if they cover OEM wheels should I try to make a claim.

Just got this reply back via email.

The Mavic Care program is well explained here:
https://www.mavic.com/en-gb/care

You can follow the instructions here to get your wheel set registered for a third year of warranty and Crash Replacement.

I hope this information helps, but please get back in touch in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Update:

Here is the reply received this morning in response to my email sent last night. I feel this is clear now.

Thank you for your email.

Mavic Care is for all wheels, purchased from whatever source on whatever application, as long as the wheel is from 2016 and newer. I hope this clarifies things now!

Regards,

Top Bottom