Anyone Seen a Good deal on Nice 700c Touring Tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itaa

Need fast rolling 700 tyres in about 32-40mm size , something like 35-37mm (what I have currently) would be the best.

Have been looking at the Schwalbe Supreme or Almotion however can't really find them anywhere cheaper than £44 for a pair shipped for the Supremes
Has anyone seen some decent deals lately on something like this?
Don't really want the standard Marathons (heavy&not as responsive compared to those from what I have read)

At the moment thinking about just getting the Continental Sport Contact II at £20 a pair shipped as they still have very good rolling resistance.

vickster

Legendary Member
Durano raceguard in a 32mm (not sure if available bigger), under £20 from Merlin (free delivery if in U.K.)

https://www.merlincycles.com/schwalbe-durano-race-guard-rigid-road-tyre-700c-51557.html

£44 for a pair of tyres if those are the ones you want, isn’t that bad. Cheap tyres are usually cheap for a reason :smile: (They’ll puncture easily and wear quickly)

Last edited:
Have no idea what this is/never used. Vittoria do some decent tyres but their marketing folk should be shot/rolled over with a solid steel tyre for their ever more confusing tyre names.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVITJOU/vittoria-journalier-700c-wired-tyre

Might be worth a punt at that price.

I did fit some Vittoria' of some name a while ago that cost about £5.50 each from Planet X. Been fine. Many folk rave over their Voyager Hyper folding tyre and in fact I have some waiting to be fitted.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Weirdness. I run the 38mm Hypers and find after running 32's that they are just as easy rolling but more comfy due to the bigger air volume and subsequent lower pressures.
My 32's suffered a spate of punctures and I near gave up on them but so far in the year or so that I've run the 38's they haven't been attacked by the pf. No doubt she'll get me now.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Need fast rolling 700 tyres in about 32-40mm size , something like 35-37mm (what I have currently) would be the best.

Have been looking at the Schwalbe Supreme or Almotion however can't really find them anywhere cheaper than £44 for a pair shipped for the Supremes
Has anyone seen some decent deals lately on something like this?
Don't really want the standard Marathons (heavy&not as responsive compared to those from what I have read)

At the moment thinking about just getting the Continental Sport Contact II at £20 a pair shipped as they still have very good rolling resistance.

I have to say that's pretty cheap for the Schwalbe tyres esp' shipped.

Top Bottom