Anyone started their own group ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rock bus

Über Member
I’m struggling to find riding buddies (I know .....how sad does that sound!).
None of my friends or family are interested and don’t really know anyone else local.

Ive tried a few local clubs but for various reasons haven’t found right one..... one issue I have is two have main rides on a Sunday morning and my son plays football then.

I was thinking of just using the local village Facebook page to see if their were any local riders interested in going out together. but worried it might be difficult to find a group at similar levels (and people i‘ll get along with!).

Anyone done anything similar or have any suggestions?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Have you tried asking them? Many have rides on other days but don't advertise them.

Mine has 'official' rides on Wednesday / Saturday / Sunday. but too many needed other days or to be back early. So we started the 'Dad's club' for an early Sunday monring ride plus others on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday. They're just not 'official'.

screenman

Legendary Member
Forget the club run is on a Sunday, clubs will have members who ride everyday of the week, they belong to the club so that they meet other people who have the same interests as you,stop putting up invisible barriers.

screenman

Legendary Member
Have you tried asking them? Many have rides on other days but don't advertise them.

Mine has 'official' rides on Wednesday / Saturday / Sunday. but too many needed other days or to be back early. So we started the 'Dad's club' for an early Sunday monring ride plus others on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday. They're just not 'official'.

How dare you come on here with facts that are true about most cycling clubs. Did you not know club members only ride on a Sunday and always at 25mph average, even the 85 year olds.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
How dare you come on here with facts that are true about most cycling clubs. Did you not know club members only ride on a Sunday and always at 25mph average, even the 85 year olds.

You mean this one? He was 90 last week and is still riding. Or will be when my club's rides are back on.

Brian-Robinson-by-Chris-Auld-May-2014-92.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Why so slow?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My club did exactly that a keen cycling couple moved to the area but found no suitable rides so strated one on Facebook,in a couple of years we now have about 50 active members

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My club did exactly that a keen cycling couple moved to the area but found no suitable rides so strated one on Facebook,in a couple of years we now have about 50 active members

figbat

Slippery scientist
I ride with a group in the village I live in - this is highly social, no rules or kit. It’s managed over WhatsApp; I found it via Facebook so worth an ask.

Top Bottom