Anyone tried one of those adult scooters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Did you get one? Was it worth it?

Now I'm retired, would be good to have a pair of them in the car for the ad hoc walks we have started to do. Just come back from the kent Coast, walking from Botany Bay towards Margate along the coastal path and scooters would have made it a lot quicker!

Cheers Keith

No, I didn't bother in the end, the urge too kind of died away.
That coastal path would probably be the perfect place for one though!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Did you get one? Was it worth it?

Now I'm retired, would be good to have a pair of them in the car for the ad hoc walks we have started to do. Just come back from the kent Coast, walking from Botany Bay towards Margate along the coastal path and scooters would have made it a lot quicker!

Cheers Keith

Confused person here - why do you need a scooter to walk?

Sharky

Guru
Confused person here - why do you need a scooter to walk?
No

This week we parked the car at Botany Bay and headed off walking to Margate, part on the beach and part on the tarmac paths. But we ran out of time before we reached Margate and we had to turn back. I was riding the Gravesend CC 10 that night! Those folding scooters would have been ideal to make quick work of the boring tarmac sections and are small enough to keep permanently in the boot of the car.

Still tempted. Will have to pop over to decathlon to try one.

Cheers Keith

Jayaly

Hmm. I wonder if a kick bike could be considered weight bearing exercise. My bone density is not what it should be, and cycling is great but doesn't help with that kind of exercise.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
No

This week we parked the car at Botany Bay and headed off walking to Margate, part on the beach and part on the tarmac paths. But we ran out of time before we reached Margate and we had to turn back. I was riding the Gravesend CC 10 that night! Those folding scooters would have been ideal to make quick work of the boring tarmac sections and are small enough to keep permanently in the boot of the car.

Still tempted. Will have to pop over to decathlon to try one.

Cheers Keith

Release the inner child!

Hope all is well at Gravesend CC! :smile:

Will be in Gravesend very briefly next week to drop something off for my daughter. Heading for Poole so a bit of a dog leg but will be nice to see the old place for a couple of hours. If I see a grown-up on a scooter I'll assume it's you and give you a shout!

david k

Hi
I see these being used quite a lot in London. Problem is the amount of people who walk on the paths makes it hard to use them for any distance

Top Bottom