Anyone tried one of those adult scooters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
The Kickbike looks good, and I know I could get another bike for the same sort of money, but the kid in me needs satisfying. I feel an investment coming on...

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The Kickbike looks good, ...

They're really popular in Scandanavia because the action to get them moving well is akin to the skating step using by Nordic skiers.

Jezston

Über Member
The whole Micro scooter thing was a massive fad about, what, ten years ago or so?

Yuppies and hipsters would ride them around the city pavements having a bit of a laugh until they got bored and it had all become a bit too mainstream. Then everyone realised how silly it was and stopped.

Found this when googling 'micro scooter fad':
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/880214.stm

Do you REALLY want to try to revive this?

jaqlene

I am looking for a kick scooter for my nephew as he is completing 8 years next week . Does anyone know of a good brand? I'd like something new or very nicely restored. I prefer the retro look.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Isn't that a young Alan Partridge on the top left?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 50
I tried one once, I made about 2 miles before the back wheel disintegrated :biggrin:

Personally I'd rather have this next time I fly:

9e25f885c4a5d52bac69469c1420eff2.image.300x384.jpg

Sharky

Guru
You know like the kids push along ones, that you stand on, but the adults versions that Decathlon sell.

I had a quick buzz around the shop on one last week and something about it really appeals to me :biggrin:
Anyone used one "in anger" as it were? I have a crazy notion about trying my commute on one, one day...

Did you get one? Was it worth it?

Now I'm retired, would be good to have a pair of them in the car for the ad hoc walks we have started to do. Just come back from the kent Coast, walking from Botany Bay towards Margate along the coastal path and scooters would have made it a lot quicker!

Cheers Keith

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Call me a curmudgeonly old git but I find an adult on a scooter really very sad. I have never seen a scooter as a mode of transport and apart from play what are they really for?
At least with a bike you can actually get a bit of speed and do some decent distance.
Stick with the bikes.

You now have my permission to unleash any torrent of abuse you feel appropriate. .........

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Call me a curmudgeonly old git but I find an adult on a scooter really very sad. I have never seen a scooter as a mode of transport and apart from play what are they really for?
At least with a bike you can actually get a bit of speed and do some decent distance.
Stick with the bikes.

You now have my permission to unleash any torrent of abuse you feel appropriate. .........
I think thats how a lot of people regard bikes.

lee1980sim

Yep used a razor scooter for over 6 months after my bike got stolen, little wheels were a tad problematic on the lovely paved footpaths (unlike children I have a sense of danger) but there were scooters with slightly bigger wheels cost me £50 used it until I could get a new bike... Sold it for £50 6month + of free commuting

mustang1

Legendary Member
I have a kids one but can support my weight. So I guess you can call it an adult one?

Anyway, I too had notions of commuting so as a first try, I decided to travel 3 miles to my hairdresser. Although I eventually go there, its. It a journey I want to make daily, or even often. Perhaps even...ever.

Any notion I had of commuting on a scooter, even if it may be a larger wheeled adult scooter, I not one I want to encourage for myself.

Top Bottom