Anyone tried to buy a new bike recently.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think the whole worlds stock has been bought up.
I was thinking of letting my son have my newish one and getting myslef a new one.
I WAS thinking of a carbon flat bar eg Syrrus.......nothing, anywhere, in carbon or alloy.
Looked at other decent makes ....nothing.
Phoned Specialized head office. They have none, anywhere. They may have some in a month or two, snaffled from Eorope but they have no idea of model etc.
I dont need one and my son is ok. Just wondered how others have found it.

rivers

How far can I go?
Bikes are in short supply at the minute. I just purchased a new bike, but it's a TT bike, so a small market to begin with. I know racingroadkill also bought a new bike, but it was a £12k Bianchi, so again a small market. But low(er) cost bikes are becoming increasingly hard to find, and the used market has seen an increase in demand and prices.

DSK

Depends on what one is after. More generic popular/versatile choices at reasonable price points would be expected to have sold out under the current crisis.

I called my local Rutland store, enquiring about a new Giant Propel/Bianchi Aria disc. No problem, stock available to click/collect or deliver. I'll wait until the stores are open and then test before deciding.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
To add, the Sirrus does look like it's been hit with the ugly stick a few times though! xx(

Why would you replace your lovely Stirling with that? :scratch:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7
Obviously being Tredz, take the allegedly in stock with a big pinch of salt :unsure: but they claim to have the carbon Sirrus in a couple of sizes (XS and M)
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Sirrus-4-0-2020-Hybrid-Sports-Bike_223645.htm

As do Cyclestore so it may be worth checking with your local Spesh dealer as that suggests the sizes are with Spesh uk not necessarily on the shop floor
https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialized_sirrus_4_0_sports_hybrid_bike_2020-ID_79500
Thanks for that Vickster, much appreciated.
However I need to see it/try it out plus I would want the higher spec' (because I can ^_^).
Fortunately I am in no rush.
Again I much appreciate the pointer.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
To add, the Sirrus does look like it's been hit with the ugly stick a few times though! xx(

Why would you replace your lovely Stirling with that? :scratch:
In the eye of the beholder etc.
I actually like the styling. But as you say, I think the Stirling is a nice looking bike.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I reckon 12 or 18 months time, Gumtree and Ebay will be swamped with second hand rarely used bikes of all shapes and sizes as folk have went crazy during lockdown and most will revert back to form once all restrictions are lifted.

I dont even give it that long. Mid autumn when the cold weather and dark days start setting in.

Top Bottom