Bike supply shortages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Due to supply I thought I will try and sell the Boardman again.

£325 Ono. Put it on market place FB

Advertised it about 11.30. messenger was red hot, lots of "I've only got 200 mate ".
One offers 350*but wanted it posted.

Sold for £325 and collected from my work at 3pm to a guy who was chuffed to bits with it.

He's been struggling to get a good bike anywhere..

Bye little Boardy , I won't really miss you:smile:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Mate of mine said the same . Cant find a bike anywhere . I had one i found so put it in my allotment shed . Reported to the police with frame number before Christmas . Now has a new owner yay :okay:

Venod

Eh up
I had a similar experience, put the bike on Yorkshire Cycle Sales on Facebook about lunchtime, sold by 19:30 for asking price. I had another buyer who wanted to pick it up the day after if the sale had fallen through.

I did put it on here and only got one guy asking me my dimensions, I have never had luck selling complete bikes on here, sold a few parts though.

davidphilips

Veteran
What i found if you have any weights they are like gold dust now with gyms closed they sell for far more than they are worth as soon as they are advertised on gumtree etc.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I tried to sell daughter's Carrera last weekend, absolutely minty it is, 3 months old with one tiny scratch on the derailleur.

I wanted 100, I was offered 100 the same day and accepted, but unfortunately the buyer has been pissing me about ever since, just weird games like "I'll pay you tomorrow" and then tomorrow moves to Wednesday and so on. I've just closed the unpaid item case, 1 week on, and I'll have to relist or try another channel.

So the demand is there, sadly the timewasters and trolls are still there too.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Not getting that as something is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.

It's a false market caused by idiot politicians putting a spanner in the works and preventing the economy from operating normally.

screenman

Legendary Member
Any weights sell for about double what they would have sold for before the lockdown, people are prepared to pay a lot more for them at present maybe at present thats what they are worth? But i am sure when lockdown ends there value/used prices will fall again.

I agree, but stand by my point.

Top Bottom