Bike supply shortages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Im going to sell my fixie and a 24" Ridgeback MX this weekend via ebay... need to go

DSK

I sold a couple of mine that began to see infrequent use. I keep all my stuff, clean, washed, waxed, mechanically spot on.

49634327237_40eb981838_z.jpg

49802419568_133ddd3341_z.jpg

Despite some daft offers and higher offers, they both went to people who paid the asking price (not high). I still get a couple of texts per month saying how happy they are with the bikes and accessories.

Its nice when one puts the work into having a great bike, doesn't take the piss with pricing, gets an honest buyer who, in return gets a bike they are happy with, you know its not going to let them down and they tell you its ace. :okay: One of them even said that if I ever sell one of my other bikes, to let him know first before advertising.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
The guy next door sold his electric bike yesterday, he hadn't bothered to re advertise because of the current situation, I told him to get it re advertised, he did in the morning and he sold it the same day, he has now used the cash to buy an Orbea MTB that will get more use when he takes his young son out

Wookee

I think there is actually a law that states “Every middle-aged male should own a guitar, some weights and a George Forman Grill that are never used”.
I've never had a George Foreman grill and I use my weights.... There are a couple of dusty guitars knocking around though:-)

I was looking to get a vintage bike a couple of months ago, didn't see anything I fancied so bought a new road bike. Been looking again but vintage bikes are now coming with rare antique prices!! I think I'll wait til winter.

Sixmile

Veteran
The lockdown has made me clean up an unused Specialized Crosstrail that I had in the shed. After a days cleaning and one cable change, away it went after about an hour on Gumtree.

Then about an hour later on the same day, a Boardman Urb 8.9 that I had on Gumtree for about 3 weeks, sold. The only real genuine interest I had had in it was from a fella in London (I'm N Ireland) and I was out in the garage measuring up to get a courier quote sorted. Thankfully whilst in the garage, my phone rang from a fella 10 miles up the road who wanted it, came down, didn't haggle and away it went, saving me the hassle of packaging/couriering.

A heavy aul 14" wheeled girls bike that my girls no longer used has went too, as have 2 rear bicycle seats, a Circe Helios rear rack and a dozen wall mountable bike hangers (all to one guy) that i had bought yonks ago and never bothered putting up.

On the flip side, the Boardman was my regular commuter and winter bike so I'll need to pick something up myself before the end of Autumn as I don't fancy riding any of my remaining bikes through the winter.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks @BalkanExpress

@Wookee at this moment of time i am not selling bikes due to covid 19 situation but once our isolation is over then get in touch

Wookee

I sold one to a friend on Sunday, I might let two more go this weekend if I can be bothered to clean them up and advertise. I am not sure there is much of a market for a 25” 80s Milk Cup Road bike and a commuter fixed gear around here though.
If you weren't so far away I might have asked about the road bike....

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Advertised it about 11.30. messenger was red hot, lots of "I've only got 200 mate ".

These people really irk me. I tend to reply suggesting that in that case they should adjust the price range in their search criteria.

Anyway good news about the sale. I am looking forward to autumn when these new bikes will start flooding into the second hand market when people realise they are too lazy to use them.

Top Bottom