Anyone tried to get a Sick Note from GP lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
After spending xmas in hospital with Pneumonia... and spending all day today trying to get in touch with my GP because a; I need advice on my road to recovery and b; i need the sick note my employers are asking for... I got nothing!

the receptionist said i should call back next week regarding my recovery, and also said that they (the practice) don't provide sick notes unless i'm off for 29 days or more... up to 28 days i can self-certify, but my employer won't provide sick pay without a sick note.

I can really do without this stress right now :angry:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
talk to the hospital the fracture clinic gave me one for my collar bone

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, if youve fallen ill on or after the 10th December this year its now 28 days.

It seems doctors have better things to do at the moment than waste rime filling out forms to prove to employers that patients are not telling porkies, and the government have ammended the roolz accordingly. Your employer needs to get with the programme.

PS, hope you make a speedy recovery.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wha kind of crappy employer is that ? Look for a better one when you're better.

https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave

If I were you I'd check with citizens advice if they can insist on the sick note. You can definitely have a week without one so that buys you some time.
A large generally well regarded supermarket assuming not moved on.
As above, get in touch with the hospital ward you were on..
and head office HR of your employer

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I did when i was discharged, they told me they don't issue sick note and to go to my GP
fair enough

midlife

Guru
Hospitals don't issue sick notes as such but sometimes the discharge letter will say how many days rest are required before considering returning to work. The discharge letter is confidential and the employer is not really meant to see it.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
thank for the other replies :smile: ... looks like my employer needs to catch up with recent changes.

although... what's so hard for a GP or hospital doctor to write a short note stating that i was in fact in hospital over Xmas with pneumonia?

I get that they're busy people but... two minutes?

Top Bottom