Anyone up for a Blériot anniversary ride to Dover - 25th July?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i live on route (very close to Sidcup). What sort of pace you looking at keeping FD?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Mista Preston said:
i live on route (very close to Sidcup). What sort of pace you looking at keeping FD?

Kind of my thoughts too!

Tynan said:
'a fairly brisk pace'

Amazing answer.... is brisk more or less that 17mph Average?

The route goes right past my friends Sex Shop Erotic Boutique in Aylesford just outside Maidstone, if your stopping there I could catch up then.

Not that I would already be in there! :tongue::blush:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Wigsie said:
Kind of my thoughts too!

Amazing answer.... is brisk more or less that 17mph Average?

The route goes right past my friends Sex Shop Erotic Boutique in Aylesford just outside Maidstone, if your stopping there I could catch up then.

Not that I would already be in there! :tongue::blush:

Faster than a FNRttC, but probably 15-16 mph average overall.

We'll listen out for the heavy breathing near Maidstone.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am looking at meeting FD in Maidstone Rd as his route goes along there. Perhaps you would like to join me there.

Mista Preston said:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Getting up to Swanley (presuming thats the Maidstone Road you mean?) etc is a bit of a pain early doors, I may get the train up to Bearsted and meet you as you come onto the A20 past Maidstone.

Flying Dodo said:
Faster than a FNRttC, but probably 15-16 mph average overall.

We'll listen out for the heavy breathing near Maidstone.

Possibly a little too quick for me :becool:

My average is around 13/14 mph across my 2 hour sunday morning ride on the up's and down's of kent

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Het Mista Preston, if you are looking for company on one of your sunday rides I woule be more then happy to join you.. at a 13/14mph avg too..

ianrauk said:
Het Mista Preston, if you are looking for company on one of your sunday rides I woule be more then happy to join you.. at a 13/14mph avg too..

Absolutely, how about tomorrow? :blush: I have to sort my son out in the morning so probably be setting out about 9ish. 20-30miles around biggen hill, down, cudham and so on... send me a message and we can sort it out !

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Flying Dodo said:
Approximate route is
here.

78 miles, and once you're out of Sidcup, there are virtually no A roads involved, so it's nice & scenic.

Having gone over that route on Saturday, it needs some major alterations!

Sadly, the climb up Hollingborne Hill, east of J8 of the M20 was a long, long hard slog which it wouldn't be fair to impose on others, although once you're up on the Downs, there were some truly spectacular views with fields turning red with poppies.

With User10571's help, I may end up incorporating the first part of the Whitstable's FNRttC, so I'll have another tweak in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
The amended route I'm currently looking at is here.

Basically, it consists of most of the first part of dellzeqq's Whitstable route for FNRttC, (so it's not particularly lumpy!) before heading south east from Faversham. Exactly 80 miles.

I've still got to sort out a lunch stop, but I don't think there'll be much of a problem.

Top Bottom