Anyone up for a Blériot anniversary ride to Dover - 25th July?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ianrauk said:
Adam,
50/50 at the moment mate, will let you know if I can by this weekend...

Is their a conflict with a fat fighters meeting? :ohmy::ohmy: :biggrin: :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
fatfighters1710_468x386.jpg

handbag

yep finished but it needs some test ride. anyway we will be stopping for tea and lunch right?
BTW do you think the pace will be faster than recce?

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
For the main recce ride a couple of weeks ago, we set off at 8 am, had an hour for a late breakfast, 10 mins at an Asda for drinks & snacks, and then 75 mins for late lunch, plus usual groupings at tops of hills, and so after 74 miles we got to Shepherds Well (which is where the trains were starting 6 miles out of Dover), at just after 4 pm.

I think overall we averaged just under 14 mph on the road.

TimO

Guru
It wasn't the fastest of paces, but neither was it overly relaxed either. 80 miles is a good distance, especially when you possibly have to cycle to/from the station as well (typically another 20+ miles for me), and when we decided to stop at Sibertswold, there wasn't a lot of complaint!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cool, I like to keep moving at a reasonable pace either way, too slow and I get sleepy (although too fast and I may keel over ;)) will hopefully be getting the train to meet you guys at some point and riding home from Dover (12-15 miles or so).

TimO

Guru
I'm now possibly not quite so definite, although I still want to do the ride. I had a Pavement/Face interaction yesterday, and I'm creaking a bit, as well as the bike now needing a bit of TLC. I'll have to see how I'm feeling later in the week, 80 miles with anything painful would probably not be a good idea!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Will1985 said:
I'm down in Ashford next weekend, but without bike and stuck at a wedding :sad:

Thats about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop Will!:angry:;)

Prank phone the bride to be, tell her you have seen her prospective husband cottaging in a local public toilet.

Wedding off... weekend free! Come down to Ashford and we can ride across to meet them en route.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy :wacko: I

Tynan

Veteran
schedule meeting with the boss tonight, suspect I'll be asked to consider dropping this or the fnrttc, this one might be off completely, using up almost an entire Saturday as it does but fingers crossed

will, really, tsk

Top Bottom