Anyone up for a Blériot anniversary ride to Dover - 25th July?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Ah well. Roll call updated.

Tynan

Veteran
sorry to pull out FD, it's a good ride from the looks of things, Sat day ride will be difficult for many though sadly

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
not me I'm afraid. I'll be propping up a bar in Dieppe, celebrating my 55th by watching the Tour...

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
No worries Simon. There aren't many places to beat being in France watching the Tour. Hopefully Brad can move up a place or two..........

Update:-

Me
User10571
PippaG
Kats
Ianrauk
Wigsie? joining up somewhere in Kent
Origamist
Topcat1

The weather now looks even better for Saturday with a tailwind and lots of sunshine in the morning, so don't forget your sun tan lotion.

TimO

Guru
I think I'm going to have to bow out, I'm still creaking in various places, so doing 80 miles is probably not going to be a good idea.

That aside, I'm also running out of bike fettling time as well, and I need to change the chain, block, one of the front levers (assuming it's delivered in time), and retrue the front wheel, so that the front brake becomes useful!

I'll have to try this ride again later in the year, but not this weekend. ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
sorry to hear about your accident TimO, saw the pics and it looks nasty. Should have a nice scar on the chin eh?
Hope the bike is not to bashed either

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am sorry FD, i've just been reminded I had put myself down for this, am going to have to pull out, sorry!

I was thinking of doing this if any of the mouseketeers was, but with my major lack of fitness right now, which am slowly building back up, ill be a liability... sorry!

But have fun!

TimO

Guru
I couldn't make it now, even if I was feeling up to it. ChainReaction have just delivered two left hand brake/gear levers, rather than a matching pair. Anyone care to guess which lever I need to replace. :rolleyes:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
FD, I have just been reminded I have promised to do something important with the family Saturday morning so I may not be joining you as early as I had hoped!

I have Ian's mobile number and will aim to get out on the road just after lunch even if its just to meet up just outside Dover.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
TimO said:
I couldn't make it now, even if I was feeling up to it. ChainReaction have just delivered two left hand brake/gear levers, rather than a matching pair. Anyone care to guess which lever I need to replace. :angry:

Never mind Tim. I've got my eyes on another route down that way, for another time.

Wigsie said:
FD, I have just been reminded I have promised to do something important with the family Saturday morning so I may not be joining you as early as I had hoped!

I have Ian's mobile number and will aim to get out on the road just after lunch even if its just to meet up just outside Dover.

Just backtrack on the route posted on page 5 and you'll run into us!

:biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Flying Dodo said:
Just backtrack on the route posted on page 5 and you'll run into us!

:angry:

Ahh a cunning plan! will probably come up stone street and then aim to start the back track. Hopefully I wont get to the point you cross it after you or I will be back tracking for a while! :biggrin:

Top Bottom