anyone up for a hilly ride over hebden bridge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlgorse

That hill climb looks very tempting Colin :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That hill climb looks very tempting Colin :smile:
Not quite so tempting when you are as overweight and unfit as I am at the moment! :wacko:

I hit my highest ever recorded heart rate on that climb about 15 years ago - 196 bpm! I was giving it max effort into a headwind. I didn't realise how hard I'd been working until I checked the HRM when I got home.

carlgorse

Ive been going to the GYM for 3 hours a day and riding most weekends and i bet you i will get off and walk up that colin but fly down it :smile:

Used to live in West Yorkshire " Normanton " but thats the otherside of you with no hills lol

Carl

carlgorse

Not quite so tempting when you are as overweight and unfit as I am at the moment! :wacko:

I hit my highest ever recorded heart rate on that climb about 15 years ago - 196 bpm! I was giving it max effort into a headwind. I didn't realise how hard I'd been working until I checked the HRM when I got home.

Ive not beat 196 BPM colin for got 176 BPM and that was in the GYM lol

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I reckon you would probably be able to ride up all the hills except this one, which is really hard...

thursden_climb_large.jpg

ppffftt!!! i've done that at least 5 times on my brompton and i'm no climbing god am i?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ppffftt!!! i've done that at least 5 times on my brompton and i'm no climbing god am i?
I'm not saying potsy couldn't ride it, but if there is one hill on that loop to catch him out, that'll be the one.

I usually get up it without walking too, and I'm no climbing god either. (Mind you, I do have a really low climbing gear...)

carlgorse

I'm not saying potsy couldn't ride it, but if there is one hill on that loop to catch him out, that'll be the one.

I usually get up it without walking too, and I'm no climbing god either. (Mind you, I do have a really low climbing gear...)

Ive not tried my cannondale Six up any steep hills yet but may do Sunday up Sutton Bank lol " Now thats a Climb "

carlgorse

Hmm - tasty!

I've not yet been to the North York Moors - a treat for the future!

Well worth the visit Colin - Cleveland Wheelers do a Hill Climb Race up and around the Carlton area and thats well worth a look and maybe i will enter it this year aswell :smile:

or around Commondale and Killdale but if you go on there website it gives you a list of Killer Climbs :smile:

if you do pop over this way give me a shout :smile:

potsy

Rambler

Don't worry Colin, you can say it before I do
biggrin.gif

Wonder if I can buy and fit a 27t before Sunday?
rolleyes.gif

zacklaws

Guru
Ive not tried my cannondale Six up any steep hills yet but may do Sunday up Sutton Bank lol " Now thats a Climb "

I did a 100 mile round trip just to go up Sutton Bank last year in training to climb a mere 17% hill, Staxton Hill, as I have always regarded Staxton to be a killer climb, Don't know why, but when I did Staxton, I was up it in 9 minutes and could not understand why I was so bothered about it, Sutton Bank took me 17 minutes

potsy

Rambler
Been hard work this week after our ride on Sunday, 4 days done though so that's another 76 miles under my belt.
Having a Friday car day to give the legs a bit of a rest, and will make a decision Saturday as to whether I feel fit enough to tackle those hills. Also we'll have a better idea on the likely weather conditions by then
thumbsup.png

Is Tubby Kevin up for this? Need some company during the slow climbs
wink.gif

Top Bottom