anyone up for a hilly ride over hebden bridge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tubbycyclist

I can't make this. My partner is away so I am a responsible parent this weekend. It has crossed my mind to ride it on the tandem with my daughter but the forecast would have to be near perfect to persuade her.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh crap - me and my big mouth, er, typing fingers! The previously forecast gap between two spells of bad weather seems to have closed! Two forecasts are saying that the current very wet and windy conditions have settled in for the whole weekend. I don't fancy it if it stays like this.

Shall we make a final decision on Saturday evening when we get the most accurate forecast?

potsy

Rambler
Thought u were being a bit optimistic in believing the weather men.
Either that or you're back pedalling on us.
I'll be gutted if we don't ride now (wonder if anyone believes me?) :rolleyes:

ColinJ

i'm defo in, regardless of weather
I knew you'd say that! ;)

I had definite second thoughts this afternoon while I was waiting for the kettle to boil. I heard a clattering noise outside which turned out to be a dustbin tumbling down the back street, driven by the wind! :eek:

I can hear my slates being lifted by some of the gusts this evening. I hope none of them get damaged ...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just seen this. Love to come over, but I'm going into town with the kids for the Chinese New Year celebrations. I'll get my butt over for one once I'm fixed.

potsy

Rambler
Just seen this. Love to come over, but I'm going into town with the kids for the Chinese New Year celebrations. I'll get my butt over for one on the fixed.

Old man Fossy
ohmy.gif
wink.gif

potsy

Rambler
looks a nice run,pity i'm busy this weekend.Are there any plans to do it at a later date ? Is it road or MTB with road tyres jobby ?

We are doing a repeat of the Waddington ride in 3 weeks hopefully on a Sunday, all on road and according to Colin relatively flat
ohmy.gif

Tomorrows ride is hilly but only 30 miles, weather permitting which as I speak is looking grim, chucking it down here
sad.gif

ColinJ

looks a nice run,pity i'm busy this weekend.Are there any plans to do it at a later date ?
I do usually ride it several times a year, so yes!

Is it road or MTB with road tyres jobby ?
It depends how good you are riding up hills, what gears you have on your road bike, and whether you like walking with your bike! This is the profile ... ;)

trauma%20of%20trawden%202%20profile.gif

Top Bottom