anyone use a pee bottle while camping

anyone use a pee bottle while camping

• yes

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • no

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As for the alone - these are some of the photos I made whilst up there alone Buachaille Etive Mòr, The Clouds that Made the Picture, Loch Etive Light and 3 of my favourites Mirror Image, Loch Tulla I, Loch Tulla Panorama and The Magic of Freezing Fog.

Those photos are absolutely stunning.

battered

Guru
In winter it's pretty standard, but you have to be careful. Unless it really is foul out the risk of wetting your sleeping bag is rather high.

Just don't do what a mate did. He was in a shared house and the bathroom was a trek away. At the time he was having a tough time of it and was drinking a fair bit, so he hit on the idea of using an empty drinks bottle when he woke in the night. One morning he woke up feeling thirsty...you know what's coming next. He soon realised his mistake, and the stuff's harmless, but he doesn't rate it as his finest hour.

Jaguar

I have never (touch wood) had the misfortune of needing a mid-night wee.
You've never had the misfortune of cystitis while camping in a muddy field either then. Not my best holiday....

campagman

Guru
I use an old 750 ml bottle but the problem i have is that it takes up a fair amount of room in the pannier (I don't have any spare bottle mounts). As the uribag collapses smaller then that could help.

andym

Über Member
I use an old 750 ml bottle but the problem i have is that it takes up a fair amount of room in the pannier (I don't have any spare bottle mounts). As the uribag collapses smaller then that could help.

You mean you keep a bottle exclusively for peeing in?
ohmy.gif

You could carry a hot water bottle. Collapsible and when you've filled it, well you can use it as a hot water bottle.

Bandini

I have never (touch wood) had the misfortune of needing a mid-night wee. I go at night before bed, and am good for 8 hours.

After a few post ride Guinnesses it is inevitable. Probably better to drink a couple of glasses of red - but if the site is near a good pub, and you start to enjoy the ambiance...!

Some cracking photos there... My mother comes from near Oban and we used to go up there for a long holiday every summer. I must take a bike up and explore!

Those photos are absolutely stunning.

Apologies in getting back to you both - I have been off on holiday back up to the Loch Rannoch area. Thank you, both of you, for the kind words.
Once again we were stunningly lucky with the weather and managed to get some wonderful rides in and some good photos as well.

Apologies in getting back to you both - I have been off on holiday back up to the Loch Rannoch area. Thank you, both of you, for the kind words.
Once again we were stunningly lucky with the weather and managed to get some wonderful rides in and some good photos as well.

Great photos. Pity they are mixed up in a pee bottle thread!
Any chance of seeing your latest photos?

Great photos. Pity they are mixed up in a pee bottle thread!
Any chance of seeing your latest photos?

Just go to my website www.aramok.co.uk. The latest ones are under Loch Rannoch, I am doing some photos for friends up there who are doing an area website, so there are some rather tourist shots , but there are a few personal shots in there which are much more my style and are pretty recognisable.

Top Bottom