Anyone use Just-Eat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just Fart?

@blazed was probably wishing that.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
These middlemen "nothing" companies are a total pain and are cluttering up the internet and shafting their "customers", I can't find a takeaway locally, all by myself, really? Bollox to Just-Eat. OP had it coming.

It's true that Just Eat take a massive chunk of their on-line orders (17%), but, aside from you of all people saying this, it comes down to a lot of takeaways having no or very poor websites, even today let alone when just eat was formed!

Who cares what they take. No takeaway is obliged to sign up. They get much larger exposure and zero web development cost and zero marketing costs. This would easily approach 17%. Franchisors regularly take 10% with no where near as much marketing.

Col5632

Guru
I work for a Chinese takeaway on a Friday night who use justeat and about 90% of our orders come from people using the site which is good and bad for me as it means most people have already paid but also means less chance of a wee tip here and there

I work for a Chinese takeaway on a Friday night who use justeat and about 90% of our orders come from people using the site which is good and bad for me as it means most people have already paid but also means less chance of a wee tip here and there
I still tip a quid or two if on time.

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
It's true that Just Eat take a massive chunk of their on-line orders (17%), but, aside from you of all people saying this, it comes down to a lot of takeaways having no or very poor websites, even today let alone when just eat was formed!
Just-Eat cuts down human interaction. Who wants to talk to some moron in a noisy kictchen speaking broken English?

For people in London Deliveroo are excellent. They work with top quality restaurants, places that wouldn't usually deliver. Unlike just-eat, Deliveroo drive to the restaurant and pick the food up then deliver. They use a lot of bicycle couriers as well.

I by pass the whole issue. I get on my bike, and ride to the take away, then ride home. It's a win win win. I burn the calories I'm about to take on, I get some miles in, and I have to go hell for leather, to get the food home, before it gets cold.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
For people in London Deliveroo are excellent. They work with top quality restaurants, places that wouldn't usually deliver. Unlike just-eat, Deliveroo drive to the restaurant and pick the food up then deliver. They use a lot of bicycle couriers as well.

I've not heard of deliveroo so thanks for adding something to the discussion.

I'm not at all against the benefits of online ordering systems at all, I work in an industry that is in some ways very old fashioned and telephone ordering calls to the site and other ones can knock out 1 min to 3 mins of time at critical times in the day. I then get patients at the other end of the scale abusing me for lengthy diatribes because it is not 'automatic'.

I've not heard of deliveroo so thanks for adding something to the discussion.

I'm not at all against the benefits of online ordering systems at all, I work in an industry that is in some ways very old fashioned and telephone ordering calls to the site and other ones can knock out 1 min to 3 mins of time at critical times in the day. I then get patients at the other end of the scale abusing me for lengthy diatribes because it is not 'automatic'.

Deliveroo are branching out at the moment. They do seem to employ some properly crazy b'stards as drivers / riders too, given the double quick times they achieve.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Just-Eat cuts down human interaction. Who wants to talk to some moron in a noisy kictchen speaking broken English?

Deliveroo is not confined to London.

Deliveroo is currently available in 30 UK cities and 20 other international cities, with most of those in Europe. Today the startup makes its first foray into Australasia, launching in Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, and Sydney.

My son regrets not asking for £80k at his job interview for a software developer's post with the company though he's happy with the £20k pay rise that he got when he moved to them from Pact Coffee.

He got a bit bored eating free Deliveroo deliveries every day for three weeks when they were testing some ordering process refinements in his office.

Top Bottom