Anyone using Huel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
My God that Huel stuff really is the ultimate scam; basically a cocktail of cheap industrial food ingredients mixed up with a flavour and presented with a lot of pseudo-science to gullible folk. If those folk knew how little those ingredients cost they'd understand how the manufacturer can afford to employ 54 bright young things in their marketing team and a pile of others in production, despatch and consultancy.

Here are the ingredients: https://uk.huel.com/pages/nutritional-information-and-ingredients#ingredients

It's no coincidence that three of the posters above mention flatulence. What's wrong with a proper sandwich? Proteins, fats and vitamins encased in a tasty carbohydrate package.

I agree totally. When I wanted to drop a stone earlier this year I simply ate less, and it worked very well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I agree totally. When I wanted to drop a stone earlier this year I simply ate less, and it worked very well.

This, eat less. I'd rather not have some artificial 'drink'.

I've yo-yo'ed with weight since breaking my back, but I've found cutting dairy (god I love milk) right down has lost me 4kg's over the last month. Really miss a big glass of milk, but I was drinking too much - now just cordial or water (still have milk in my tea/coffee).

BikeCurious

Über Member
I've been having it for breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday for the last couple of weeks. I enjoy it for the convenience and it's reasonably filling plus it tastes pretty good to me (vanilla flavour only, don't bother with the others).

Drago

Legendary Member
I cut out all soft drinks, no sugar tea or coffee, ruthlessly cut out in between meal snacking, small bowl granola for breakfast, a wrap for lunch full of green stuff, and a regular evening meal. Dropped a stone in 5 weeks. Best bit is it's now become second nature, so the excess timber has stayed off. Mrs D also reckons the shopping bill has gone down a bit.

So I've dropped weight and gained money.

Of course, if you're a weakling and don't possess an iron will then forget it. Fortunately I'm quite bloody minded once I've decided on a course of action, and I'll face down any temptation for the weakness it really is.

BikeCurious

Über Member
Btw Huel isn't a weight loss product. People may lose weight if they restrict the number of calories they consume but it doesn't matter if those calories come from Huel or any other food source. Huel is quite high in calories so people shouldn't assume they will lose weight by drinking it, you still have to be aware of how many calories you're consuming.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As I'm usually massively early for work most days, I just have oats and milk for breakfast. Lunch is usually a tin of soup (co-op do a really good 4 bean soup - spicy, filling and pretty healthy for a tinned soup, and it's cheap).

Admittedly, my life is mad busy like most folk. Evening meals usually mean I eat less now anyway.

It's hard. I appreciate the 'drink' can ensure you get some vitamin and mineral balance.

Drago

Legendary Member
I know it's not marketed as a weight loss product, but every second person is quick to proclajm how much weight they've lost while using it, even in this very thread.

BikeCurious

Über Member
My God that Huel stuff really is the ultimate scam; basically a cocktail of cheap industrial food ingredients mixed up with a flavour and presented with a lot of pseudo-science to gullible folk. If those folk knew how little those ingredients cost they'd understand how the manufacturer can afford to employ 54 bright young things in their marketing team and a pile of others in production, despatch and consultancy.

Here are the ingredients: https://uk.huel.com/pages/nutritional-information-and-ingredients#ingredients

It's no coincidence that three of the posters above mention flatulence. What's wrong with a proper sandwich? Proteins, fats and vitamins encased in a tasty carbohydrate package.
There's no pseudo science. As you say the ingredients and nutritional information are clearly available. They don't make any claims about the magical effects the product will have. It's just food in powdered form.

BikeCurious

Über Member
Yeah, but they do chocolate flavour now too.
Have you had the chocolate flavour? It wasn't for me, not chocolatey enough with a weird aftertaste. Vanilla with the chocolate flavour boost on the other hand is delicious. Mint choc flavour boost is even better!

JhnBssll

Veteran
Have you had the chocolate flavour? It wasn't for me, not chocolatey enough with a weird aftertaste. Vanilla with the chocolate flavour boost on the other hand is delicious. Mint choc flavour boost is even better!

I've only ever had the vanilla :laugh: I should try others I guess but haven't gotten round to it as yet :smile: Maybe I'll order some boosts :okay:

ExsailorUk

Regular
For me, using Huel is not for weight loss, it’s a balanced food in powered form that gives you a constant energy through the day, not a quick boost that supplements do. I still have the energy to keep riding my bike after work, and sometimes have a ride beforehand. I’ve taken energy bars on a ride and need a boost towards the end, but I’ve never felt that I need a ‘real’ meal at anytime in the last few months, I just fancy a spicy meal at the weekends. I’ve not felt lethargic at all and no ill effects. Maybe if you’re a more competitive cyclist it wouldn’t be enough to feed your body, I don’t know, but, for me, I’ve found a food that’s doing me good.

Top Bottom