Anyone want a pet seagull?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Anyone want a pet seagull? Herring Gull.

One has clearly nested on a nearby roof, possibly my neighbour. Last week I had 15 hours of squalking from the adult from dawn to dusk. The next day loads and loads of high pitched loud crying from a chick. It was also (I later discovered the source of the knocking coming from the roof area). I thought at first the neighbour was up to something but soon realised it was too regular. I went into the garden to look at the situation and on the top of a chimney pot standing guard was adult seagull. Next to my skylight which is above the stairs was chick 1, chick 2 was on a flat roof about three doors away. I got dive bombed by protective adult. The knocking turns out to be chick 1 doing the "rain dance" to bring up worms. As it is at the top of the stairs it can be heard in every room.

It is driving me farking nuts.......

I've been at sea this week and hope that when I get back things will have changed but i fear it will be a little longer before they can fly away.

The worst thing is that seagulls return to nest in the same place each year, this does not make me happy.

AT RNH Gibraltar we used to have a quadrangle with the Mast and the Duty Chief used to have to raise and lower the flag for "Colours"

Standing at attention, and saluting smartly was not easy when being dive bomber by the Gull(s) that were resident in the buildings around the quadrangle

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
You might have a seagull family who wish to transcend to a higher plane as in Jonathan Livingstone Seagull and may thus vacate the nest in due course.
On the other hand and more likely, it could be case of searching for something like pidgeon deterents and having a chat with your neighbour..

Are any of them called Steven?

Seriously though, I feel your pain at being under seige.
I was disappointed that this didn't lead into a Steven Seagal pun-run, but then I realised (and IMDB confirms) that this - and maybe Executive Decision** - are his only well known films.

Me and my ex used to riff on Seagal titles, back in the 90s. The two I remember were
  • Steven Seagal is Out To Lunch
  • Steven Seagal starring in Straight To Video.
I now return you to complaining about sea birds.

and he dies 10 minutes into that

midlife

Guru
Could be costly to try and make them sleep with the fishes.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alther-air-pistol-flying-rats-kept-night.html

MikeG

Guru
Spend some of the £20,000 you'll save yourself by not shooting the gull on deterrence measures to prevent their return next year. In the mean time.........earplugs.

All 11 species of seagull found in Britain, including the most commonly seen herring gulls, are protected species under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

Shooting a seagull is a criminal offence which carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail or a £20,000 fine.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The sound never bothers me when on holliday..
But we have our fair share of gulls that roost on the field..they are most definitely early birds..
Robins seem to sing all night sometimes tho that maybe the new led street lights

Top Bottom