anyone work at the co-op?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I don't work for them but I've been to their shop, it's like a big building and they have lots of stuff you can buy.

My mate works at the coop distribution depot at J28 on M1, he too rides to work with good storage facilities available, they look after you as an employee but he only gets 1 weekend off in three due to his shift pattern. Not bad pay though for warehouse distribution. Better than working in an actual coop shop.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I did for years. One minimum wage job is much the same as another IMHO. Head office likely to be much better than the coal face.

tiermat

Many years ago I used to visit the head office in Manchester regularly, lovely place, friendly staff.

screenman

Legendary Member
If it is anything like th Co-Op here you will not have to work hard. Well none of the others do by the look of the shop.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I worked for the co-op agricultural/horticultural division every summer from my mid teens through to leaving university. The wages were crap, the working conditions were medieval and safe working practices were eschewed for greater productivity. I had several close scrapes caused by poorly maintained machinery, all three of them potentially fatal but it was shrugged off by management.

Having said that, I enjoyed the bon homie, the satisfaction gained form a hard day's graft and: trout, game and pub lunches in the pub just down the road in exchange for fruit and vege that I nicked from the site.

Make sure the position is secure. The Co-op has gone through some rough times recently, I think they've done the redundancies bit but just do your research. Other than that I think they are a good employer, they had some positions advertised a couple of years ago which tempted me briefly but I decided I wasn't doing the whole manchester commute again.

Top Bottom