anyone work at the co-op?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
There's some really smart pubs in very close proximity to the head office.

tadpole

i've been offered a job at the head office in manchester (great cycling facilities; secure bike parking, showers).

anyone else work for the co-op? what's it like?
So you've gone through the whole advert, CV, application, interview, second interview, process and only now, you've been bothered to find out a bit about the company, by asking on a cycling forum? Just a bit late, don't you think?

Reactions: srw

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You can pretend you're working for an ecologically sound company who really care about the environment and like to skip through meadows saying hello clouds, hello sky, whereas the reality is they're just corporate bastards like all those other monolithic scheming companies and you'll just be another slave working for The Man until you die.

Hope you enjoy your new job! :smile:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I offered my help to a lesbian film co-operative in the 1980s (I had my reasons) but I fear they disbanded and are probably not connected to the organisation who have offered you employment (though if you meet Granite Janet, say hi from me).
Spank Inferno?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
i've been offered a job at the head office in manchester (great cycling facilities; secure bike parking, showers).

anyone else work for the co-op? what's it like?
We lost the NE Co-op Funeral Service's building design work when they shut the regional office and centralised their UK building work department in Manchester, so if you get talking to anyone down there about using local firms again, could you see if they have changed their policy Alec [squirm!] .... thanks!

Archie_tect

I like the idea of the Co-op but I prefer John Lewis Partnerships's set-up- it's not perfect but it's a sight better than the usual shareholder set-up!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I like the idea of the Co-op but I prefer John Lewis Partnerships's set-up- it's not perfect but it's a sight better than the usual shareholder set-up!

And they're more middle-class - let's face it, the Co-op are a bit common.

the architects life ;) I'm designing a john lewis at the minute in Chelmsford, large retail development with cinema and other retail units, rather interesting project :smile: sorry gone off topic! We tendered for the refits of all the current coop stores but they pulled out due to money problems, that would be my only worry with taking employment under the coop, job security!

Archie_tect

the architects life ;) I'm designing a john lewis at the minute in Chelmsford, large retail development with cinema and other retail units, rather interesting project :smile: sorry gone off topic! We tendered for the refits of all the current coop stores but they pulled out due to money problems, that would be my only worry with taking employment under the coop, job security!
Out of town retail park?

Bond Street, Chelmsford
Capture_zps3101beb5.jpg

sorry lol well off topic now...

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
So you've gone through the whole advert, CV, application, interview, second interview, process and only now, you've been bothered to find out a bit about the company, by asking on a cycling forum? Just a bit late, don't you think?
hardly, i did my research of course and, as a paid-up lefty, i know all about the co-operative movement. i was asking about what it's like to actually work there, which is different from what you get from job descriptions and interview waffle...

Top Bottom