anything this is a bit stupid ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is people like you paying £78 that has tempted the place I go to to put up their price from £8 to £12.

I tend to find myself in the place with the nice young girl wearing hot pants and no bra. But when you go back next time you always get the old bag who smells of stale fags and polo mints.

GrahamG

Guru
Whilst my other half now does my no.3 all over with the clippers for nowt, in Birmingham I used to shell out £19 for a basic gents hair cut with a decent hair dresser - the difference between this and spending £6 down the road was night and day. Therefore I can totally understand women spending a serious amount of money on their hair; the feel-good is more often than not worth it.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
When my ex used to come back after spending Kovu's amount on a haircut (and bear in mind that was back in the early 90s, so it was more expensive then !), I used to have to ask which hair it was that they'd cut. You couldn't tell that anything had been cut at all. I reckon they saw her coming a mile off.

When my haircuts went up to £10 I bought a pair of clippers for £11 and haven't paid a penny for a regular haircut ever again (and that's been about 6 years now).

I do love those poncy women's hairdressers with exorbitant prices. Always full of dumpy, orange-faced 'stylists' wearing the latest hideous mismatching fashions. And one look at the hairdos that they themselves have should persuade even the daftest idiot that they should turn straight around and go elsewhere. They all look like a seagull has taken a dump on the top of their head :evil: And the price list - where you pay according to the rank of junior stylist, stylist, senior stylist or brain-dead Ooopa-Loompa-faced chavette.

(Not that I generalise about all women's hairdressers, obviously ;):biggrin::biggrin:)

Mr Phoebus

An ex of mine used to go to Spain every month or so to have her hair done. :evil:

It was her money, a shock to me when I first met her and she told me, but...
not really any of my business how she lightened her earnings.

papercorn2000

You had yer hair done Kovu? Either that or you've lost weight / gone on a health kick / wearing nice clothes / are in love. You just seem to look more... radiant than usual.

(Watch and learn guys, watch and learn!)

I was once waiting at a rail station in docklands during the salon exhibition. Salon is an exhibition for (guess what) hairdressers, new styles, new products etc. I was on the opposite platform to all the hairdressers on their way there. It was in the open air, and the stench of 'styling products' was overpowering!

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
papercorn2000 said:
You had yer hair done Kovu? Either that or you've lost weight / gone on a health kick / wearing nice clothes / are in love. You just seem to look more... radiant than usual.

(Watch and learn guys, watch and learn!)

You sound like a lot of guys I know papercorn. ;):biggrin:

goo_mason said:
When my ex used to come back after spending Kovu's amount on a haircut (and bear in mind that was back in the early 90s, so it was more expensive then !), I used to have to ask which hair it was that they'd cut. You couldn't tell that anything had been cut at all. I reckon they saw her coming a mile off.

When my haircuts went up to £10 I bought a pair of clippers for £11 and haven't paid a penny for a regular haircut ever again (and that's been about 6 years now).

I do love those poncy women's hairdressers with exorbitant prices. Always full of dumpy, orange-faced 'stylists' wearing the latest hideous mismatching fashions. And one look at the hairdos that they themselves have should persuade even the daftest idiot that they should turn straight around and go elsewhere. They all look like a seagull has taken a dump on the top of their head :birthday: And the price list - where you pay according to the rank of junior stylist, stylist, senior stylist or brain-dead Ooopa-Loompa-faced chavette.

(Not that I generalise about all women's hairdressers, obviously :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:)

:biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I used to have waist-length hair and it was dead straight. Before my wedding 15 years ago I decided to get a perm, I had visions of rolling waves of hair looking far more interesting (this was before straight hair was fashionable, of course). So I went to my local hairdressers for a spiral perm; 7 hours later, and £95 poorer, I walked out with a perm. A week later it had fallen out (the perm, not the hair).

I think Kovu's cut & colour was clearly better value than my spiral perm.

ChrisKH

Guru
GrahamG said:
Whilst my other half now does my no.3 all over with the clippers for nowt, in Birmingham I used to shell out £19 for a basic gents hair cut with a decent hair dresser - the difference between this and spending £6 down the road was night and day. Therefore I can totally understand women spending a serious amount of money on their hair; the feel-good is more often than not worth it.

Not if you're practically bald it isn't. ;)

redjedi

Über Member
I went to the local hairdressers when I moved flats a few months ago. First time I went I had a wash and cut (just a short back and sides), it cost me £18 :rolleyes:

The next time I went I decided to wash my hair before I went and just have the cut, that cost me £12. They charged me £6 just to wash my hair. That would buy me 2 bottles of shampoo which would last for most of the year.

I now go to the barbers across the street, I pay £8.50, it takes about 5 mins and I much prefer the cut.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
papercorn2000 said:
Wow, that new hair colour really brings out your eyes. You just seem to be so effortlessly stylish.

Awwww Cheers ;)

You doing better then Joe24 or Young un so far

Top Bottom