Apalling actions from an Arriva bus driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Why? The bus was slow to move off and I had a good speed when passing him. I judged the manouvre well and would have aborted it or apologised if I had thought it was a silly thing to do.
The footage will add clarity.

Answer>

Cyclecraft page 129>

It is much better to stop behind the first vehicle in the queue, allowing the driver to concentrate on choosing a safe moment to move.

Jezston

Über Member
Don't waste your time talking to muppet drivers like that. Just know that you have stuff on film and you can report them later.

Quite - part of why I got a camera was so I could avoid confrontation - I knew I had the evidence, I could do what I wanted with it as I saw fit.

That bit about the highway code book is effing brilliant though.

I was cycling along and doing a good speed (about 25mph). I caught up to a bus stopped at a set of traffic lights, so started to filter past them. The lights then turned to amber as I was passing the bus so I sped up (from about 15mph) to pass him safely. I then shoulder checked and moved back in and accelerated up to 28mph. Immediately after the traffic lights was a bus stop with a ped signalling, so I figured I didnt cause the bus any problems.

I thought at first you must have been in the car, I am really impressed with how your cycling is improving, unless it was a steep downhill?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I thought at first you must have been in the car, I am really impressed with how your cycling is improving, unless it was a steep downhill?
Nope. Just long and flat. I think I had a gentle tailwind but I certainly wasnt hanging around.

My fitness has really improved over the summer, I have been pushing on Strava segments which I think has helped.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I honestly couldn't care if Matt filtered a little hastily I just want to see the highway code bit.

I have it on my phone just incase someone tries that line with me, but they never do.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 2612377, member: 1314"]

...you ever give any positive feedback to roadusers, Matthew? Bent Mike takes choco boxes to bus garages, for example...[/quote]
Of course. Look at my twitter feed, I am tagging companies in my Patience videos all the time. I do praise good driving.

The bus company in question has always been very good when it comes to driving. They are always patient and give me plenty of room when overtaking. I dont know what rattled this guys cage but he seemed to be out for me. It just takes one driver to bring down the company.

LET ME CLARIFY: I am not putting the company in bad rep. I am not listing the company name in the video. This is because the company in general are very good and I dont want one drivers actions to cause dispute within said company. I have made a complaint and will go down the companies route, instead of the police or other authorities.
The driver was the problem, not the company.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 2612443, member: 1314"]Let's wait for the video then...

...you say you're editing a long video. Why not just post the bits of you overtaking, him over-taking, and then that bit where you point at your camera. That shouldn't take long...[/quote]
Thats pretty much it. Although the convo after took longer than I thought. Apparently it will be up in three hours. So I suggest you take a look tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom