Appropriate names for pets...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd have called him Cyclops, but Nelson is good.

Some bloke called my dog blackie the other day, he was of a certain age, the bloke, not the dog, the dog is black but I can't imagine it's a name used much any more, although I remember from my youth knowing a few dogs called Blackie.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I shout "Throat Ripper" when I call out to my sister's dog. (His name is actually 'Frankie'). It gets some worried looks from other dog walkers! :laugh: (I actually had to explain to one person that it was a J*O*K*E, but they looked like they didn't believe me... :whistle:)

My cousin had a dog called Muffy. I used to call it on walks, 'Ere Muff! I never tired of it but my cousin did.

D

Deleted member 26715

We once had a cat called Isaiah for obvious reasons

OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Not as bad as Guy Gibson's dog, featured in the film The Dam Busters.
A friend lived in a bedsit in Notting Hill in 1983 after we qualified. The landlady always needled him into taking her similarly named black Lab for a walk in the park and he often had to run round shouting for it to come back...

The Perils Of Dog Owning...……….

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHbV-Knq0g

Mate of mine had a cat called budgie.

My in laws have a terrier called Tess-Tickles. I nearly peed myself laughing at my 6 year old nice shouting "TESS TICKLES!" at the top of her voice in public as she tried to call the dog back.
I used to see someone, where we used to live with a Lhaso-Apso (ie; small, hair ball), named Yushi-Ted...……………………..
Again, calling it was amusing, to watch/hear

Top Bottom