Appropriate registration numbers on cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Makes more sense.

Debbie Magoo has since sold it or was trying to sell it for £150K

Jody

Stubborn git
rs6.PNG

Another one @glasgowcyclist

screenman

Legendary Member
COM 1C may have belonged to Jimmy Tarbuck, but the last I heard it was on an elderly Rolls Royce owned by Paul Daniels.

The car was stolen outside a gig he was doing at a workingmen's club in one of the former County Durham pit villages.

His career had hit the skids by then.

From memory, the car was recovered following a press appeal.

I thought that was MAG1C

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It's definitely not theory. Although you can only make a newer car look older and not vice versa
Yup, I could put MT09 WEE on my 2015 Yamaha MT09

D

Deleted member 26715

It's definitely not theory. Although you can only make a newer car look older and not vice versa
Not quite, if you have an older revision of a car, update it to the newer version, by newer headlights. mirrors, grille etc. then change the plates to a non year specific, it can look like you have a newer car than you actually do.

Jody

Stubborn git
Not quite, if you have an older revision of a car, update it to the newer version, by newer headlights. mirrors, grille etc. then change the plates to a non year specific, it can look like you have a newer car than you actually do.

Face lifting bodywork isn't quite what I was on about.

D

Deleted member 26715

Face lifting bodywork isn't quite what I was on about.
I know :laugh: but I have seen it done for that reason, when we had our MR2 Turbo because of the mods you couldn't tell which revision it was, unless you were well into that type of car.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I had K700 CRX on a previous Honda of mine (you can guess the model). Someone where I used to work had a Honda with the registration V6 NSX.

I am wondering about some of the plates being mentioned here though - they appear to flout any index format I am aware of.

1150 MAN? SPEC 5?

Top Bottom