Appropriate registration numbers on cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Personally i've never bought a private reg number, its just not something i would spend my hard earned on. Sometimes i've been lucky in being able to pick a reg number that goes with whatever new car or bike i'm buying. But thats becoming very rare these days. The DVLA are well clued up on any reg numbers that correspond to vehicles or names and they get sold separately.
If, for example, you'd spent your hard earned money on my plate it would have made you over 400% profit.

And therein lies the rub - most people are too busy working to earn any real money.

OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That number is actually assigned to a 1989 Ferrari.
Can you find my old car WDW 824K... I'd love to buy it back if it's still on the road!

Smudge

Veteran
If, for example, you'd spent your hard earned money on my plate it would have made you over 400% profit.

And therein lies the rub - most people are too busy working to earn any real money.

I'm well aware its possible to make a profit on them. But it isn't something i could be bothered to deal in.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Showing as untaxed, last tax was due 01/05/1985

There's an app you can download called Vehicle Smart that tells you MOT and tax data (yours has no MOT data though, being so old)

D

Deleted member 26715

There was a very large man who used to commute on the M61 driving a huge white BMW.

His registration was PEN1S. I kid you not.
Wouldn't call Steve Parish a large man, let alone a very large man

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Can you find my old car WDW 824K... I'd love to buy it back if it's still on the road!

Was it a blue VW?
The result for that search suggests the car is likely abandoned or off-road as a rotting heap. It hasn't been SORNed or officially scrapped.
Click the thumbnail to enlarge...

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
A local auctioneer has/d B9GUY

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
COM 1C may have belonged to Jimmy Tarbuck, but the last I heard it was on an elderly Rolls Royce owned by Paul Daniels.

The car was stolen outside a gig he was doing at a workingmen's club in one of the former County Durham pit villages.

His career had hit the skids by then.

From memory, the car was recovered following a press appeal.

D

Deleted member 26715

COM 1C may have belonged to Jimmy Tarbuck, but the last I heard it was on an elderly Rolls Royce owned by Paul Daniels.

The car was stolen outside a gig he was doing at a workingmen's club in one of the former County Durham pit villages.

His career had hit the skids by then.

From memory, the car was recovered following a press appeal.
Think you will find Paul Daniels had MAG 1C

Top Bottom