Approx. 10 mile commute. Road Bike vs E-bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rowano

I used to enjoy my 12 mile commute. I'd cycle Monday to Thursday and then every Friday take the car (early start) with clean clothes and towels for the following week, taking used stuff home to wash. Since I stopped the commute I put on 2 stone in 2 years which was a bit of shock when I got on the scales!!

Fwiw I reckon you made the right choice going for the road bike and once youryo into the swing of it even the wet and chil days won't be too much of a chore and you'll be refreshed at work every day!

gilespargiter

Veteran
FWIW I think you have made the right sort of choice and the commute will get easier. I'am sure you will play with your routes , sometimes making them longer just for fun and to explore your area better. Nothing like a bike for that.

I would also just like to mention that I think you had a very good suggestion made to you earlier in the thread. I noticed that a fellow Mancy (err ?) mentioned a greasy cycle shop with lots of bikes and bits run by a knowledgable bloke in a position to make versatile one off deals tailored to his customers. He is not far off your route. I suggest you aquaint youself with him.
One of the infferences I made from what was mentioned, for example was that he would be able to build a bike from the parts he has and bill it as new (which it in fact would be) so that it qualified for the bike to work scheme. That basically means a completely made to measure tailored exactly for you bike, put together by an expert who takes pride in what they are doing - if that is the case you are just so lucky to have someone like that nearby. I strongly suggest you check him out. People like that often can't be found and definitely not bought for a heap of diamonds that would cover the world.

Top Bottom