April's ride with food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Abs: FWIW, I have just returned from a "seniors" rerun of the C&M Hilly 50 k: 50 miles door to door, 3400ft of vertical with 5 significant climbs including Whitedown Lane, ave speed 12mph. Yr route is I assume flatter/faster. So,100m at 14 mph seems doable given the terrain as I understand it. Having said that 100m is beyond my current experience and so that may be a wild extrapolation. I know I will have to feed as we go along.

What vertical do you estimate?

Geoff, with the way you zoomed along up and down the hills on the ride to Whittering ride last year I have no doubt that you will be fine on this one.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Geoff, with the way you zoomed along up and down the hills on the ride to Whittering ride last year I have no doubt that you will be fine on this one.

+1. That was 87 miles, so if you go for the ton it won't be that much of a stretch. Shere sounds like the only one that might cause problems on this route.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
User1314
davywalnuts (maybe)
gbs
Ianrauk
HaloJ
Martin235
Martok
rb58 (+1 yaMartin)
redjedi
sittingduck (descision made) ;)
StuAff (likely)

Abs

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sittingduck.. well chuffed you are coming along.
Daveywalnuts.. stop effing maybeing, get your arse into gear and say yes or no.. jeez!
rolleyes.gif
whistling.gif
biggrin.gif

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Sittingduck.. well chuffed you are coming along.
Daveywalnuts.. stop effing maybeing, get your arse into gear and say yes or no.. jeez!
rolleyes.gif
whistling.gif
biggrin.gif

Sorry buddy, I have two seriously ill family members, one with terminal prostrate cancer, that am sure your understand comes before cycling, so I just cant agree to anything until a few days before hand encase the inivitable happens...

Bint! ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry buddy, I have two seriously ill family members, one with terminal prostrate cancer, that am sure your understand comes before cycling, so I just cant agree to anything until a few days before hand encase the inivitable happens...

Bint! ;)

Ahhh.. Sorry, bloody hell Davy.. of course I understand.. thoughts go out to you and your family mate

Bint
wink.gif

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut

Bint! ;)

Ahhh.. Sorry, bloody hell Davy.. of course I understand.. thoughts go out to you and your family mate

Bint
wink.gif

Feck! All the best Davy.

Tarts! ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Cheers.

Not wanting to make a big deal out of it as these things happen in life, but its does arf take it out of you, hence my remote'ness of late.

Roll on this Friday, I need it.

And this ride too, hopefully, cant wait!

rb58

Enigma
Are we still looking at an 8.30am start for this?

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
So then it's almost upon us so a quick refresh.

Meet on the West side of Admiralty Arch at 8:30 on Saturday 16th. We'll be riding the following route and stopping in Gomshall at The Compasses Inn for lunch

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/333820

User1314
davywalnuts (maybe)
gbs
Ianrauk
HaloJ
Martin235
Martok
rb58 (+1 yaMartin)
redjedi
sittingduck (descision made) ;)
StuAff (likely)

I'm utterly full of hay fever, have decreased lung capacity from asthma and haven't ridden for over a week due to moving flat, it's gonna be a good one. The weather is set to be overcast and showery although it was like that when I rode it and I ended up starting this years tan lines.

Abs

redjedi

Über Member
Weather report on the BBC this morning forecast sunny 17degs for saturday. See you at 8.30

Don't believe the BBC weather forecast. BBC website has moved that forecast to Sunday.

Often the national and local weather will be completely different.

Top Bottom