April's ride with food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Still in. 8.30 start means I get a lie-in, sort of....
XCWeather & Metcheck forecasts both reckon it'll be OK as well.

Count me in as well please.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
User1314
davywalnuts (maybe)
Flying Dodo

gbs
Ianrauk
HaloJ
Martin235
Martok
rb58 (+1 yaMartin)
redjedi
sittingduck (descision made) ;)
StuAff

12 + 1 riders if Davy makes it.

gbs

Guru
I too have to withdraw - please see new topic in Fitness, Health forum re "cyclists' elbow". I doubt that the matter will be resolved before the wkend and I am aware that it is v easy to setup a chronic condition. In the words of the lamentable G Brown "prudence..."

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I too have to withdraw - please see new topic in Fitness, Health forum re "cyclists' elbow". I doubt that the matter will be resolved before the wkend and I am aware that it is v easy to setup a chronic condition. In the words of the lamentable G Brown "prudence..."

Rotten news Geoffrey, get well soon.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
User1314
davywalnuts (maybe)
Flying Dodo

Ianrauk
HaloJ
Martin235
rb58
redjedi
sittingduck (descision made) ;)
StuAff

Just ten of us now. Andy (Martok) has decided to drop out as he's not been on the bike much over the last month. Get well soon Geoff hope you'll be fiddling fit for the May ride to Cambridge.

Abs

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
:cry:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I second that :cry:

Just got home and fettling the bike before tomorrow. Noticed rear wheel is out of true, a bit. Found a slack spoke and tweaked it but managed to tweak a couple of others and round off at least 2 spoke nipples! Wheel now well and truly (no pun) out of wack and I am trying to rescue it, grrrr!

I will confirm or bail later this evening, depending if i can get it sorted! I was all geared-up for it too :sad:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh dear, its all going Pete Tong!

However, I shall be there tomorrow so catch ya all then..

For now, I am off to the pub to watch the mighty Canaries kick Forrests ass, and I might get a bit squiffy too.. were see.. hehehe!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Done a few laps round the block and up to Wimbledon and back - its not rubbing on the brake blocks. Can't notice it when riding so I suppose I will try it... I may end up bailing mid ride if it fubar's though!

See you in the morning - all being well.

gbs

Guru

Get well soon Geoff hope you'll be fiddling fit for the May ride to Cambridge.

Abs

I hope so - do you have tickets for college ball?

I might turnup for Le Grand Depart at 0830 but once we move away from the luxury of The Mall yr speed will create unpleasant vibration for me and I will pootle along, probably through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens to home. Obviously you should not wait for me at any point.

Have a good one!

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
I hope so - do you have tickets for college ball?

I might turnup for Le Grand Depart at 0830 but once we move away from the luxury of The Mall yr speed will create unpleasant vibration for me and I will pootle along, probably through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens to home. Obviously you should not wait for me at any point.

Have a good one!

Nope no tickets for the ball just an urge to fill my tummy at a nice pub in celebration of my Birthday. :biggrin:

Be good to see you.

For those putting the route on their Garmins etc, I've noticed it's a bit bonkers at the end of The Mall leading onto to constitution hill but I can't be arsed correcting it now.

Abs

EDIT : Oh and lunch should be lunch time. Hoping for pre 1.

Top Bottom