Are all perfumes and colognes unisex?

Are all perfumes and colognes unisex?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lance Jack

Über Member
There is a person at work who, towards the end of the week, smells like onions at a burger van.

OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
According to many of the guys where I work, the "Pour" means just that. Pour. And keep pouring until you're a walking gas hazard. Then go to work secure in the knowledge that nobody will be able to smell your body odour, due to their nasal passages (and internal organs) being in the process of shutting down, due to the sensory assault. Many of the women at work perform the female version of this daily inundation. It's amazing I still have a sense of smell :wacko:.

In my experience, ladies of a certain age do this. I've read that they lose some of their sense of smell as they get older, and so they keep putting more and more on. And yes, I've danced with enough of them to know this, I find that their scent is all the way up my arms and a few other places when I get home. :eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I work in the perfume industry and I can tell you that no, most perfumes are still either masculine or feminine though there are a few unisex, the best of them being CK1, which is a stunning smell based heavily on amber.

The reason why some people over-saturate themselves with perfume is that some perfumes, musks and heavy florals for example, are fatiguing to the nose so after a while the wearer gets to think the perfume is drying off and goes and applies more. This is the worst thing you can do because it overwhelms everybody within range and it interferes with the "sillage" or wake of the perfume, which is the progressive drying down of the more volatile topnotes then middle then backnotes, which are the musky and woody notes.

Over-zealous bureaucrats in Brussels have decimated the perfume industry by outlawing many of the more interesting raw materials meaning the the old classics no longer smell the same as they did years ago. Even soap perfumes like Imperial Leather have been wrecked and are now a sad shadow of their former selves.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What's been banned?

Hahahahahahahah..... how long have you got? Just about everything that has the faintest vaguest hint of possibly being carcinogenic or allergenic or bio-accumulative. You should find plenty on the web if you Google IFRA or RIFM.

subaqua

What’s the point
According to many of the guys where I work, the "Pour" means just that. Pour. And keep pouring until you're a walking gas hazard. Then go to work secure in the knowledge that nobody will be able to smell your body odour, due to their nasal passages (and internal organs) being in the process of shutting down, due to the sensory assault. Many of the women at work perform the female version of this daily inundation. It's amazing I still have a sense of smell :wacko:.

Its a pity some of the smelly barstewards who use the central line don't use something to mask the stench of week old BO at 6am . well that or buy some fecking soap !!! and calm.

Top Bottom