Are all perfumes and colognes unisex?

Are all perfumes and colognes unisex?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Having just returned from a short break via 2 Duty Free shops i can say that the majority of womens perfume at the moment smell like my bathroom/toilet cleaner.

I am a Dior or Paloma Picasso girl and fancied a change but having now reviewed what's on offer out there will be sticking firmly to what i have got.

Hill Wimp

Dior darling, Dior.:girldance:

Hill Wimp

I used to love Chanel Pour Monsieur but they changed the recipe. I also loved Noir by Roberre but they've stopped making it.

As a present from my beloved a few years ago, I go the chance to consult a perfumer and have my own scent made up. Getting fresh supplies of it is expensive but it is one of my little treats.

Now that's romantic.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Along with many, many other characteristics, perfumiers tend to characterize scents on a spectrum of 'masculine' and 'feminine' rather than 'male' and 'female' and that makes a bit more sense.

I know that a lot of people don't like scents and I can understand why. Some are even allergic and that's very sad. I happen to love the smell of a good perfume on warm skin and there are a couple I wear on the rare occasions when I get the chance, most often, Cerruti 1881, and if I want something properly old-fashioned, Guerlain Vetiver.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My wealthier friends wore Aramis in the late 70s. It smelled quite good.
Every once in a while, I smell patchouli on a passing lady. I am ashamed to say that thoughts of lust with a rampant hippy chick still cross my mind. The thoughts were hopeless back then, and remain even more so now.
Will Lynx work?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
As with cornflakes, I'm of the "they're all made in the same big factory somewhere on an industrial estate, and put in different bottles*" kind of persuasion. I wear anti-perspirant, but that's it really. Never been an after shave person, don't notice perfumes, unless they're too strong or plain horrible.

*(boxes, in the case of the cornflakes) :smile:

My wealthier friends wore Aramis in the late 70s. It smelled quite good.
Every once in a while, I smell patchouli on a passing lady. I am ashamed to say that thoughts of lust with a rampant hippy chick still cross my mind. The thoughts were hopeless back then, and remain even more so now.
Will Lynx work?
Ah yes, Patchouli...........................where was I?

@Hill Wimp I know exactly what you are saying and I have the cure as well:
Try 'real' perfumes and not synthetics. That translates to either perfume houses (i.e. Miller Harris, Jo Malone, A. Gutal etc) or just brands that comply (i.e. S. Loutens, Guerlain, Chanel etc)

As for Bru33... Just don't!! :reading:

Top Bottom