Are all women permanently frozen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
buying underwear for women is a disaster waiting to happen...you'll never win...get her some sexy stuff and she'll label you a pervert (you can tell this by the way she reamrks..."oh how..erm...thoughtfull" and places it in the drawer for 20 years)....get her some practical frumpy stuff and she'llmark you down as thinking she's past it....
...really, the best bet is to avoid underwear altogether, this year I'll get her a birthday suit, cheaper & less effort as well...

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Interesting replies, thanks. So am I right in thinking that there would be a good market for:

1 - A special room-stat for fixing to the wall, which is adjustable with a small discrete grub screw while the temperature control knob actually does nothing?

As well as my older idea:

2 - A large red emergency button for the car dashboard with "WIFE EJECT" embossed on it?

Carwash

Señor Member
Rigid Raider said:
2 - A large red emergency button for the car dashboard with "WIFE EJECT" embossed on it?

It would certainly come in handy if the isotope becomes unstable and you have a Wife Core Breach on your hands! :blush:

Cranky

Rigid Raider said:
Interesting replies, thanks. So am I right in thinking that there would be a good market for:

1 - A special room-stat for fixing to the wall, which is adjustable with a small discrete grub screw while the temperature control knob actually does nothing?

...and a battery-heated suit she can wear all day and in bed if necessary (washable).

LLB

Rigid Raider said:

:blush:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My kids (girls) are growing up as good hardy northern lasses (I'm a southern wuss), and have to be reminded to put a coat on in the morning... they'd go to school in T-shirts given half the chance. :blush:

Chris James

Über Member
Arch said:
Have you actually tried explaining all this to her?

My wife's the same - although she usually just turns off the heating and leaves it off (ignoring my repeated observations that the thermostat will do that for her without her needing to walk to the boiler and hit the off switch).

Numerous explanations make no difference.

Mid you, Rosey is not the most technically literate. She used to think cars go forward because of the gas shooting out of the exhaust pipe (she had no explanation how cars could reverse!)

The other thing of course is that all the guys are trying to 'out-manly' each other on this thread:

"The wife needs seven jumpers on and I'm only wearing a pair of shorts cos I'm TOUGH"

"Well, MY wife needs nine jumpers and I've opened the window and took the shorts off cos I'm REALLY tough"

Specially northerners in my experience.

Oh and the girls in mini-skirts out on the lash are wearing the beer blanket. Can't say I've ever found that works, but maybe I don't drink enough Bacardi Breezers.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Rhythm Thief said:
I'm from Yorkshire. We're contracturially obliged not to admit to being cold in front of anyone from south of Sheffield.:biggrin:

I have to agree with this one.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think weight has a lot to do with it. When I was fat, I would be walking about in a short sleeved shirt even if it was snowing and never feel cold. Now that I've lost weight, I find the need to dress up like the Michelin man over the winter.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
NickM said:
Improving muscle tone won't keep you warmer, rather the opposite. Subcutaneous fat works as insulation.

And people of similar lean body mass don't have significantly varying metabolic rates - whatever articles in diet magazines might assert. The laws of thermodynamics tell us this :biggrin:

Your body doesn't expend energy purely on maintaining core temperature until you start shivering. Even then, the resultant increase in body temperature is attributable to the ~25% efficiency of energy use for movement, which is what shivering is, albeit involuntary. A few star jumps would have much the same effect.

IIRC the body still produces heat by thermogenesis in Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT), utilising fat as the fuel and adrenaline/nor-adrenaline control. BAT levels in babies and the very young are much higher then in adults, but it still exists. Agaian IIRC, shivering is the next stage for heat generation.

ChrisKH

Guru
I used to wear T-shirt and shorts through the winter. Never used to feel the cold. But of late, have had to wear clothes like other people.

yenrod

Arch said:
Good lord, a man who can think logically, it's a miracle....:biggrin:

I don't know if I tend to be more cold than a man, since I live alone, I have no-one to compare with.

I do have the hang of putting more layers on if I am cold though - can't afford to blow a load of money on heating.

ACTUALLY its women who are racked up with emotion and find it hard to seperate them.

Chris James

Über Member
tyred said:
I think weight has a lot to do with it. When I was fat, I would be walking about in a short sleeved shirt even if it was snowing and never feel cold. Now that I've lost weight, I find the need to dress up like the Michelin man over the winter.

Are you calling my bird fat????:biggrin:

Top Bottom