Are aluminium Rigid MTBs becoming harder to get hold of, or do they not make them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve looking around for a second hand aluminium rigid MTB. When I say rigid, I’m meaning without any suspension. (The Hard tail MTBs have suspension on the front).I`ve not managed to find any rigids in aluminium. Were rigid MTBs never made with aluminium?

vickster

Legendary Member
Look for something like a Carrera Subway. Should be rugged enough for the sore of off reading you'd want to do without suspension. Must be plenty on fleabay and gumtree (just check they're not stolen)

Or someone might have one in their shed, put a wanted ad in the classifieds :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I`ll look up that model online for the spec. Ideally I want something 10kg or under.
They are more like 15kg

MTBs are by their very nature heavier, unless you spend a lot on carbon frames and high end components

How off road are you riding? Considered a CX bike?

They are more like 15kg

MTBs are by their very nature heavier, unless you spend a lot on carbon frames and high end components

How off road are you riding? Considered a CX bike?
How? Not sure what you mean. Do you mean how often?

I may have to settle for a second hand tourer, which is ok, but it has to very light. My Rose road bike only cost around £850 brand new. I feel sure I could get a second hand aluminium tourer under 10kg for a few hundred?

Top Bottom