Are aluminium Rigid MTBs becoming harder to get hold of, or do they not make them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Few hundred and sub 23lb is virtually impossible unless he picks up nd old bike that needs work. MTB, that weight and budget is not going to happen. Reckon it would be at least 700-800.

This bike that that Justinslow provided a link for post #39, is 12.2kg and £600 and brand new

vickster

Legendary Member
This bike that that Justinslow provided a link for post #39, is 12.2kg and £600 and brand new
You'd need to spend money to get it to the 10kg which would likely put it up to £700-800. Bearing in mind that adding pedals, a rack, mudguards, lights etc will only add more weight, a kg at least (and cost)

Evans are very good for testrides, get them to order one in and see if it does what you want

Jody

Stubborn git

Nearly 27lbs. It's also still 2.2kg above what you're after and double the few hundred stated. It's rigid, running 1x so you are going to struggle trimming 4lbs (not including pedals) off it without throwing a good amount of money at it.

Drago

Legendary Member

You do realise there is no standard for manufacturers quoting weights? Some quote ready to ride, some without pedals, some without pedals and even tyres. Some, such as Giant, realise what a crock it is and don't quote at all. You can't make meaningful comparisons from spec sheets for these reasons.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have a rigid aluminium, that I put suspension on, it will be going back rigid soon. Dates back to about 1992 and weighs in at about 24lb. It may not get ridden again but I enjoyed so many races on it I will never sell it.

[QUOTE 4690409, member: 259"]Get a nice second hand one from the nineties and do it up. My Minerva from 92 is still going strong and it has zero suspension, but it's bloody light and a pleasure to ride.[/QUOTE]

Is it for sale?

Top Bottom